Chapter 14 : I Want You

Jaane teri aankhein thi ya baatein thi wajah..
Hue tum jo dil ki aarzoo!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Getting used to somebody's presence in your life is the best and the worst thing one can experience simultaneously. While one may find the co-dependency beautiful and sometimes overwhelming, there is a constant fear in the back of your head; the fear of losing them. The fear that one fine morning you'll wake-up and they'll be just..gone! The fear that your life will be meaningless when they leave. And that constant fear brings out your insecurity at times.

It was the same with Sidharth and Shehnaaz. Although Sidharth loved the way Shehnaaz had moulded in, the way she cared for him, it overwhelmed him. He had stopped being out late, of course he had somebody to answer to, now. And Shehnaaz, she just thanked her stars for blessing her with Sidharth. He would go out of his way to make her happy at times. Not like that was much big of a deal, because she would melt with the littlest of things, efforts, compliments. Her happiness didn't mean expensive gifts or filmy dates. Simple, very basic things like just hugging her tight when she's mad, giving her all the assurance in the world that its gonna be okay, boosting her up when she was nervous, a heartfelt kiss on the forehead while parting, it made her happy. And the fact that she was happy would make him happy.

But maybe like she said, happiness actually is just a pretense. Who knows!

There were times when she would wonder why a man so perfect like Sidharth would want to be with her. She was flawed, and she was different than him. She was scarred, and the thought that he might not want her, that he might back off, that thought scared her senseless.

But she was unaware of the imperfections he himself was hiding. She was unaware that deep down, he hid a very bruised self. He had his own insecurities and fears, he himself was nursing a wounded heart, and even though he had completely given up on his life,and people, when he saw her, his heart whispered "Her" like a hopeless fool.

He wanted her. And so did she.

Did they love each other? Maybe they did. Maybe he had fallen for her the very first time he laid his eyes on her. Who wouldn't? She was this gush of fresh air. She was this bright star in his dark, moonless sky.

It bothered him to even think of someone else wanting her the same way he did.

There have been times when he had warned himself to not let somebody in the way he was letting her in, but the heart wants what it wants!

All he knew was that he isn't letting her go.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are we going by the way?" she asked.

"Surprises aren't supposed to be revealed." he said.

She frowned and then started scrolling her phone. Moments later, she urged him to tell where they were headed once again.
When he still didn't say a word, she pinched him on his arm, making him yelp.

" Ouch. Billi kyun ban rahi ho? Switch back to human mode. Patience, baby." he said.

She turned her face away from him, making him chuckle. She looked cute when she was angry.

Parking the vehicle, he stepped out and held the door open for her. She looked around.
It was the building where he lived. She turned around to face him.

"You.. You could have atleast told me!" she complained.

"Told what?"

"That.. That you're taking me home" she whispered.