Chapter 5 : It'll Be Fine

He found himself walking, and then running on an isolated field. He could see no living being as far as his sight fell upon. It was just him, in a big, very big yard and he was kind of lost. He found himself unable to find directions, it was like he knew where to go, he knew what the destination looked like, but he just could not figure out where he was going. He was just aimlessly running, in the hopes that he'd find a way out of this place. And all of a sudden, he saw a pitch black hole. Like an abyss. It was dark, very dark and it was pulling him towards itself the way magnet pulls metal. He threw his hands and legs in an attempt to oppose the force, but his body was wreak and he succumbed to the pull. He was reaching near the abyss. Nearer. And Nearer.
With every passing second, his body felt weaker, he was nearing the dark black hole, its pull getting stronger as he neared it.

Sidharth woke up with a loud gasp, panting and breathing heavily.
He saw it again. The Nightmare. This very nightmare that kept haunting him every now and then. He had no idea why he often saw it. Him being pulled by a strong force towards a dark hole of nothingness, and then waking up right when he nears its mouth. Neither did he know what specifically it meant. It troubled him, the mere thought of this dream would lowkey scare the shit out of him.
He wanted to share this to somebody, somebody whom he could trust, somebody he could lean on to. Except he could not. Because he had closed himself up. After Avni, and after his dad passing away, and after every person that he believed to be his close one backstabbed him.

He was this huge, arrogant, and successful man touching new heights with newfound determination and professionalism, and roared back louder at the dogs who barked at him when he faced downfall. He rose back up and he did so beautifully. But his heart, it still had marks of the wounds and traces of the pain inflicted upon him.

It was still early, 5 in the morning to be precise. So he scrolled through his mobile phone, laying there lazily. Seconds later, something caught his attention. The date. It was 30th September.

8 years ago, on this very day, gods above were cruel enough to snatch the very person he had to lean on - his father.

"Dad!" he whimpered.

His heart pricked, thinking of how his father's last words were all about the love their family had. He had asked him to take care of his mom. He had asked him to never disappoint her,to never let her alone. He had told him to always stand to his words and ground, and to always spread happiness,and to be someone who people could look upto and take inspiration from. And his heart broke when he realised that he is failing to keep the promises he made to him.

The sudden responsibility on his shoulder was not the reason he turned so cold. The betrayals he had faced was!  he remembered how he was backstabbed by every single person he chose to trust. He laughed sarcastically at his own self. He hated life sometimes. Perhaps the only thing that kept him sane was his work. He loved his work. And with the dedication he showed, he was a bit happy that he was atleast fulfilling one of the promises, that he'd be an inspiration to people.
He heaved a sigh and went to the kitchen to fill the empty jug of water.

His steps froze when he neared the other room where his mother was. She had stayed over at his flat yesterday after they had dinner. He felt him limbs falling weak. He saw his mother listening to the one song that his dad would often sing for her. H8s heart shattered into a million little pieces as he heard the lines-

Kisi raah mein, kisi mod par
Kahin chal na dena, tu chhod kar
Mere humsafar, Mere humsafar.

He saw Maa smiling, looking at the photo frame of her wedding. It pricked his heart. She was missing him.

(Flashback)

He sat on the sofa, giggling as his dad put on the song on the stereo. His parents danced, swayed together, in the rhythm of the song. They laughed as they saw their 7 year-old son gushing at them. They went to him, picked him up and smothered his baby face with sloppy kisses, played with him. They were a perfect, happy family. The lines played in the background.