Chapter 17 : It's My Fault

Shehnaaz had just reached home a while ago. Keeping her bag on the table, she went to freshen up and shower. She felt tired and spent today.

She poured a glass of water, her throat felt parched. The glass left her hands when she felt a sharp pain at the back of her head,water falling over the floor. She turned around and a scream left her mouth. She knew that touch. That dirty, disgusting touch. She had felt it before. It was Sahil.

"Long time no see, hon!" he said through gritted teeth, pulling on her hair.

"Noooo" she yelped.

The hands came up to her mouth, preventing her from shouting, her cries died in her mouth. The little shreds of glass pricked on her feet, cutting them. She looked around searching for something to free herself, struggling under his strong hold. Her hands landed on something beside her on the table. A fork. She picked it up from stealthily, and then very slowly she stabbed his arm with it.

Sahil was taken aback for a minute he screamed in pain, and then the vengeance, the anger took over him.

"You bitch. Tujhe toh ab dikhata hu. You'll repent every fucking second of your life." he spoke with utmost hate lacing his tone.

He dragged her towards the exit, she cried at her helplessness, she cried as she found herself calling one particular name for help, and she cried more as she remembered his message. He had asked her to be safe. Did he sense this happening? Was this why he was sulking so much all day? She shed silent tears as she surrendered her fate to the one above, the almighty, she found herself numb, as that filth dragged her to the door. She couldn't hold on anymore. She was spent,exhausted. Trying hard not to give up, she ultimately fell unconscious. The last thing she saw as her vision blurred and eyes closed was the evil laughter let out by the disgusting man crouching down near her.

----------------------------------

Sidharth did not know where to look for her. He felt a sharp, excruciating pain in his heart as he remembered her beautiful face, the way her lips upturned every time she smiled. He prayed helplessly for her safety. He'd apologise to her when for dragging her in this mess, but right now he was willing to do anything he could to find her, safe and sound. He couldn't lose her. No, he could never afford that. Losing her would cost him his own life. The unbearable pain took over him, as he made his way to a bar, drinking away his miseries. He didn't want to face the reality, so he needed an escape. He knew he had to begin a search, but he didn't have it in him to start. He hadn't yet come to terms with the events that unfolded. The realisation had refused to sink in, he couldn't process it,no matter how hard he tried. A part of him continously screamed that it was all a nightmare, he'll wake up to her beautiful face when it ends. He didn't know that sometimes your realities turn out to be the biggest, scariest nightmares you could ever think of.

The ache in his chest intensified ten folds as he stepped inside in his room. He saw one of those earrings kept on the side of his dresser. It was hers.

"Shehnaaz aur kitni der karegi baby! Ho gayi na taiyaar aaja neeche kabse wait kar raha hu!" he spoke into the phone as she paced around the room, confused and baffled.

"Sidharth aap thori der nahi ruk sakte, aa rahi hoon bas 5 minute" she searched for matching earrings everywhere she could.

"Ek to ye earrings... khotteya jab zarurat nahi hoti har dusri jagah jhaankte hue dikh jaate hain abhi zarurat hai toh pata nahi kis kone me dab ke marr gaye hain haye!" she exclaimed making him laugh at her irritating cries.

A while later, she walked out, all dolled up. She adorned simplicity with elegance. And it made him go crazy.

" Uhm-uhm"she cleared her throat breaking his trance.