Chapter 3 : No Investing In Emotions

Please stream Bhula Dunga before starting to read.

**************

Shehnaaz looked up at the 13- storey high building. A soft sigh left her mouth. She still couldn't believe how she got shortlisted for interview in Shukla Enterprises. THE SHUKLA ENTERPRISES!!!!
Well to be precise, working under SIDHARTH SHUKLA! She had heard girls at her previous workplace talking about how well he handled his business, with professionalism and excellent leadership.

She entered the building and went to the receptionist,who was busy on her phone. She waited for her to finish and when she didn't see that happening any sooner, she just stood at the side.

Sidharth arrived that very moment. There was a pin drop silence as soon as he entered. He carried a very powerful aura around himself, that made people fear him. And he was strict to people who worked under him. The receptionist cut the call immediately after seeing him.

"Good Morning... Sirr", she wished.

He responded with a nod.

Shehnaaz looked at him, and her eyes got stuck at the ruggedly handsome face in front of her,for a few seconds. As if sensing her eyes on him, he looked at her. Their eyes met, for about one - thousandth fractional part of a second, and she quickly lowered her gaze, and faced the other direction.

He, however, was staring at her her.
Correction, ogling at her,and her small, petite yet oddly hot frame. He stopped only when the receptionist said something, which he didn't hear clearly. He cleared his throat, and took large steps towards his cabin.

Shehnaaz breathed out only when he left, she looked at his retreating figure and something about the way he walked with so much confidence oozing out, and the way he carried carried himself around made her feel things.

"Tch Tch.. Focus Shehnaaz! No investing in emotions!!" she reminded herself.

The receptionist asked her to wait in the lobby for her turn.

Sidharth, on the other hand, was finding it hard to compose himself from the little moment he just shared. He was blankly looking at the files in front of him, looking at no specific word in particular. The moment hia eyes met hers kept distracting him. He wanted to take a deeper look in those eyes, they had intrigued him. He wanted to enquire about who she was and why she was here for. But then he stopped.

"Focus Sidharth! No investing in emotions!" he said to himself.

Only if he knew what plans universe had. Only if he had checked the shortlisted CVs he was sent,he would know who she was. But as of now, he was still unaware and he wanted to remain like that. He couldn't lose grip on himself, that too, just because a pair of beautiful eyes had caught his attention.

______________________________________________

"Miss Shehnaaz, you're next" she heard someone say.

She stood up and made her way towards the room where the interview was supposedly taking place. She mumbled a silent prayer before entering.

"May I come in sir?" Shehnaaz asked in a soft whisper.
Sahil looked up towards her, gave her a soft smile and nodded his head in a yes.
"Miss Shehnaaz Kaur Gill, right? Please take a seat" he said.

She did as she was told, and forwarded her file of certificates and degrees towards him.

He looked through the pages, with an almost expressionless face. He was interrupted by a sudden alarming sound. He found his phone ringing endlessly.

"Yes?" he sighed, and answered the call.
"Wasn't I supposed to be called tomorrow regarding this?" he said when the other person finished speaking.