Chapter 7 : Next Time?

The next morning, Shehnaaz woke up and realised she was getting late. She quickly went through her morning chores, showered and prepared breakfast for herself. As she was applying makeup on her face, her eyes went to the blue-black spot on her neck.

Fuck. She cursed under her breath.
She didn't realise he had left marks. She couldn't help but turn a shade of crimson as her mind went back to yesterday night. She had no idea of the effect she had on him, till yesterday. It felt nice to know she wasn't the only one affected by his presence.

She applied a bit of concealer, hoping it will do the job of not inviting unwanted attention. Last thing she wanted was people to gossip stories about her and the boss.

The moment the realisation struck her, that she was just an employee, and that what happened was just momentary, a frown made its way to her face. But it was the truth. He was off limits. Or at least so she thought.

She rid herself from her thoughts and rushed to the office.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sidharth had a tough time last night. His mind kept wandering back to her flat. He almost would've crashed his lips on to her. But it could go so wrong,given that Shehnaaz jusr recovered from a slight panic attack.

His lips curved into a smile as he remembered how he held her, close to himself, tight. It felt right, having her in his arms,calming her down. But then he also felt stupid for kissing her nape. He shouldn't have.

With these thoughts occupying his mind, he didn't realise when the driver stopped the car outside the office. He had a long day, today. And then he had to plan for the trip, too.

He relaxed as he realised he has a PA now to worry about his schedule and trips. Having Shehnaaz in his team was honestly a smart choice he made. She was excellent at her job. She handled things pretty well. No rooms for complaints.

He nodded as the workers wished him, and hurried past them, in to his cabin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was almost the time to leave. Shehnaaz was with Sidharth and the team, discussing the trip, the meetings, and the presentations. After finalising certain things, the team called it a day.

She was the last one among others to leave. As she was about to exit, she heard him call her name. And suddenly, she was nervous.

What if he talked about yesterday. She thought.

She turned around and was met with his fixed gaze on her.

"I hope you won't be having problem in accompanying me" he said.

"Uh, No. Not at all."

"You know the schedules and arrangements better than me. So I hope its not a problem, right?"

She nodded in affirmation.

An awkward silence crept in. She gazed at the tile on the floor and then turned to leave.
She was stopped midway when he caught her hand.

He was sitting at the opposite corner a while ago. How did he manage to come across. She wondered.

You would've noticed him had you not been counting the number of patterns on the tile, stupid. Her subconscious taunted her.

As she turned to face him, she was taken aback by the intensity in his eyes. If looks could kill, she would probably be dead right now. She barely managed to handle that intense look, so she took a step back and collided with the door.

Deja Vu!!

But he did not close the little inches of gap between them like yesterday. Nor did he lean down to leave a trail of kisses all across her neck.