Chapter 2 : Past And Pain

Sidharth gulped another glass of strong liquor down his throat. The burning sensation in his throat gave him some odd kind of relief from the emotional pain that kept piercing his heart,time and again. He asked the bartender for another round of shots, knowing well the repurcussions that he would face the next morning.

He felt a pair of prying eyes on him, and instinctively looked in the direction to find some random drunk chic eyeing him like a candy. He let out a little smirk. He was used to this. There was a time when he enjoyed female attention. He would fool around with different girls, it was a sport to him,back in his college days. The longest relationship he ever had lasted 11 months. And it left him completely broken. It shattered him, changed him from a fun loving guy to a serious, stern and slightly arrogant man. He did not want to think about that particular phase, but somehow or the other, he would end up remembering the pain he felt when his trust in people faltered. He sworn he'd never get into this loophole of emotions and he was pretty much successful in that. Casual sex and One night stands were more his things now.

Tge girl eyed how the apple in his throat moved when he gulped down a shot, then another and then another.

He felt slightly tipsy now. He knew the effect he has on women very well. And his dominating aura, and his stern yet husky voice just added more to his hotness, making him almost irresistable.

He noticed how the girl adjusted her dress, lowered the neckline a bit, showing a considerable amount of cleavage, before coming towards him. She leaned on her elbow, offering a good sight of her boobs. He let out a chuckle at that,and shifted his gaze to another direction.

She traced his lips with her fingers, seductively, moving down to his throat and then his broad muscular chest and well built abs. He caught her hand, stopping her from going further down.

"Lets take this somewhere private" he whispered.

The bartender saw him leaving, followed by the girl, towards the motel upstairs.

______________________________________________

He woke up with a heavy headache, as if someone is hammering his head. Even the slightest bit of sound appeared like a loud noise. The hangovers were the worst part about getting drunk. Still he preferred this physical pain. It would let the emotional pain subside momentarily. The strong ache in his head would make him forget about his aching heart for the slightest bit of time.

He felt an urge to throw up, so he took huge steps towards the washroom. When he came back, he saw a glass of nimbu paani along with a pill, that was supposed to ease out his headache, kept on the table beside his bed. He saw Maa's retreating figure. A rush of guilt coursed through his veins. The fact that his mother never interfered in his life, and yet she had to the mess he was in, it pained him to such an extent that he wanted to break down in her arms. But he knew it'd only add to her grief. So he never let himself cry in front of her. He showed he was strong,his heart was strong. But the walls that he jad built around himself would suffocate him every now and then.

Maa was a very spiritual lady. She lived two floors away from him in the same building. As much as Sidharth tried to keep her unaware, Maa very well knew that he was hurting and that he'd never talk to her, open up to her regarding certain things. So she did what every mother does. She prayed every moment for him, she let him be the way he wants to be, but she would a beg for his happiness, cry for the pain he endured, and wished some kind of miracle to happen that heals his son and takes him out of this misery.

______________________________________________

He felt better, with the headache gone in a while, and got busy with checking his emails. One particular email caught his attention. It was from Sahil, his business partner and also his go - to solution for every damn problem. He had sent him some shortlisted CVs to go through. They were looking for a Personal Assistant.

Avni was his PA since a long time. They shared a good bond. She even had feelings for him, and had confessed her love to him, to which he agreed,given the great companionship they had. They were happy together, until he found out her real face, and her plans of spilling the company details to his rivals in the market. She had been spying on him since he did not even know of her feelings towards him. All the facade fell off. Avni played him big time. She was all set to marry the CEO of this rival company all the while, and they together plotted the drama of alluring him to spill details and insider data. That was it. That was where his trust faltered. In people, and in relationships.

He hated Avni, but he hated himself for trusting her in the first place. He hated that he was so foolish, he let himself be a part of all her plans, and he hated the fact that he let her in his life. He made a promise to himself to never fall for things as love anymore.

Sahil had put an interview for the shortlisted candidates, and Sidharth was supposed to look at the files he was sent through mail. He did not bother to do so. He just stared, to nowhere specific. And he told himself to be strict with people who worked under him this time.

He liked the fear. He liked that people find him intimidating. He was known to the world as this strong, powerful businessman who had a cold heart. Nobody knew how that cold heart was paining, aching with want for some warmth and comfort.

*****************************************

Sjsjjsjsjjs so yeah I managed to write Sidharth's part as well. Do let me know your views about this update. Or any suggestions, if u have. I'm open to all kinds of criticism. Leave it in the comments. Also, vote for the story by touching the star icon. And follow me for getting notified about updates.