Part 4

The three of them were having breakfast when Callie gets a call.

C: "It was Caitlin's mom! She wanted to know if Sofia was already in New York because they're having a sleepover tomorrow and they wanted to invite Sofia..."

A: "Who is Caitlin?"

S: "It's my friend from school mommy! Can I go?"

C: "What's the magic word?" says Callie pretending to be serious.

A: "Oh yes... I also think it takes the magic word to go to this party" also pretending to be serious.

S: "Pleaseee" says Sofia pouting her lips.

A: "Hum... I think you can go now. Right, Mom?" says Arizona smiling in Callie's direction.

C: "Yes! Now you can go" says Callie smiling as well.

S: "Thank you mommies!" says Sofia jumping out of her chair and giving each mother a hug.

C: "Now go to your room and put on a bathing suit... so we can spend the day in the pools today, what do you think?"

S: "Pools?! YES!!" says Sofia enthusiastically, rushing to her room to put on her bathing suit.

A: "Have you seen her happiness? It's been a long time since I've seen our daughter so happy. In Seatlle she was very sad. All she could talk about was how much she missed you"

C: "It was totally the same here in New York, she talked about you all the time. She was sad and spoke so badly to Penny..."

Arizona releases a laugh at the last thing Callie said and Callie looks at her and says "Yes once she was sad in her room and Penny went to try to talk to her and comfort her and Sofia yelled at her to leave because she wasn't her mother and that you were so much better than her."

A: "Did she say that?"

C: "Yes, and that wasn't the worst part..."

A, "Is there a worse part??"

C: "Yes... the worst was that I laughed at the way Sofia had kicked Penny in the ass and defended you."

A: "Did you laugh?" said Arizona with a laugh.

C: "Yeah... don't laugh, Penny was so mad at me."

Arizona laughed more: "I'm sorry, but this is very funny"

Callie can't stand it and laughs too: "I'll help Sofia to hurry up" and goes towards the room.

They were on their way to the pools. Callie was driving and singing the song that was on the radio. Sofia was entertained with a book in the back seat and Arizona was admiring Callie singing, not taking her eyes off her for a second. Callie feels Arizona staring at her.

C: "What is it?"

A: "Nothing... I just missed hearing you sing"

Callie blushes a little. And change the subject.

C: "So what are you doing tomorrow? Since Sofia is going to Caitlin's house?"

A, "I don't have anything planned, do you?"

C: "Well I was thinking we could do something together... if you want of course."

A: "Yeah I would like that." says Arizona surprised by the proposal.

C: "Good!" says Callie enthusiastically , without being able to hide a smile.

Finally they reach the pools. They find an empty sun hat with chairs near the small pool and occupy this place.