Part 18

It was the last day in New York, and they were finishing packing up.

Callie - Well, I think that's all...

Arizona - I'm missing something.

Callie - I know what it is - it says slowly approaching the blonde.

Arizona - is what?

Callie quickly grabs Arizona in her lap, placing one leg on either side of her waist and Arizona releases a scream.

Arizona - CALLIOPE!!

Callie takes her on her lap to the bedroom - What's missing is that we use this bed for the last time - she says as she lays Arizona gently on the bed.

Arizona was holding the brunette's face as she kissed her, quickly entering with her tongue. Callie slowly climbed up on the blonde and when she felt breathless, she walked away and took the opportunity to take her clothes off and Arizona did the same. Callie went down kisses all over Arizona's body until she reached his groin.

Arizona - No plying Calliope... - she said already with her eyes closed.

Callie - Are you in a hurry? - says taking your mouth to intimacy. Making Arizona moan, and throw her head back. The brunette penetrated three fingers and gradually accelerated the movements.

Arizona - More... - says with difficulty.

Callie - More what love?

Arizona - Faster please! - says feeling the brunette meet her request immediately releasing involuntary screams.

Callie - Enjoy that here you can scream at will.

Arizona peaked, and Callie gently removed her fingers. The brunette sat on Arizona's belly with one leg on each side until she returned to normal breathing. The blonde opened her eyes and grabbed the woman's thighs, slapped her ass and asked the brunette to climb up, fitting her face between Callie's legs.

...

Later they were on the plane, back to Seattle. They took with them only the most important and the rest would arrive later, because it was a lot and they could not bring everything alone.

Meredith went with Sofia to pick up them at the airport.

Mer - Look who's there! - says pointing to Callie and Arizona.

Sofia ran towards them - Mommies! - screams hugging them both at once! - I missed you!

Arizona - Oh my love, we missed you too!

Callie - Where's Aunt Mer, mija?

Sofia pointed at Meredith and they came up to her and hugged her.

Callie - So how did she do?

Mer - This girl is no trouble. Let me help you with your bags.

Arizona - Thank you.

They drove to the parking lot and Meredith drove the car to the house they had rented.

Meredith- You could have stayed at my house.

Callie - Thank you Mer, but we need to get used to life here again and we didn't want to be bothering you anymore.

Arizona - Yes... we will stay here just until we have time to choose and buy a house.

Mer - You know. Here are the keys - the owner had them delivered to Mer.

They took the bags inside and Meredith went back to her house.

Callie sits on the couch with Sofia - Well Sofia this house will be temporary, so we won't be able to paint walls or do much in your room, but when we buy another house you will be able to decorate as you wish.

Sofia - Okay, Mama. I'm going to see my room - she says by picking up her bags, going to her room.

Callie - What do you think? It's small but I think it's good for the next times.

Arizona - It's great, don't worry - says sitting next to her and taking her hand - I'm very happy to be here again, with you and Sofia.

Callie - Me too! - says kissing the back of Arizona's hand.

...

Three months passed and they were already installed in the new house, which was not far from Grey-Sloan, where they returned to work and where they were obviously very well received by everyone. Arizona and Herman were trying to build a clinic in Seattle, but it was going to take a long time.

Callie and Arizona were off duty, so they took the opportunity to stay home and organize everything for the retreat. They decided that they would go alone to the civilian and then they would throw a small party with their close friends and family.

They were sitting at the dining room table.

Arizona - I still sometimes don't believe...

Callie - What ?

Arizona - Everything... me, you, Sofia, this house, our remarriage - smiled at her and Callie gives her a little kiss - Are you happy?

Callie - Of course! What a silly question is that?

Arizona - Me too! Very happy! - Giving her another little kiss - we have to pick up Sofia from school.

...

They picked up Sofia at school and they were already, the three of them at home having dinner.

Arizona - So baby how was your day at school today?

Sofia - It was normal - pause - my friend Rachel told me she's having a brother.

Callie - Really? Is her mother pregnant?

Sofia - Yes, he will already be her second brother... she tells me that it is very fun to have brothers at home and play with them all day - sigh.

Arizona - yes, it must be fun... me and your uncle used to play all the time.

Sofia - I felt it when we were at Aunt Mer's house, with Zola, Bailey and Ellis. It was a lot of fun - says eating the last bite.

Sofia notices an exchange of looks between the mothers decides to ask her - Wouldn't you like to have a baby?

Callie and Arizona didn't know what to say.

After a few seconds in silence.

Arizona - Maybe Sofia... but that's an important decision and it has to be thought about, by me and mama, having a baby is not as easy as it looks.

Sofia - I'd love to... promise you'll think about it?

Arizona - Promised.

Sofia - Good!! Can I go to my room?

Arizona - Yes, but put your dish to wash first.

Sofia got up, put the dish to wash and went to her room. Callie got up and also started washing the dishes avoiding looking at the blonde. Arizona realized something wasn't right and got up by going towards Callie by grabbing her waist from behind.

Arizona - Is everything okay?

Callie - Hum um - just said, continuing to wash the dishes.

Arizona - That "Hum um" didn't convince me at all. Can you tell me what happened, for you to be like this?

Callie - Like what? - says finishing washing and coming out of Ari's arms, drying her hands.

Arizona - Weird... quiet - Callie didn't answer, so she kept on - was it the baby talk? I thought you liked Sofia's idea...

Callie - You know perfectly well that I always wanted to have another baby, but...

Arizona - But?

Callie - I don't know if I want anymore.

Arizona wasn't expecting that answer from Callie - Why?

Callie - Beacuse... Arizona, our time for this has passed....

Arizona - What do you mean, "our time has passed"?

Callie sighs - Arizona I doesn't know, I just don't think we're at that stage anymore.

Arizona didn't understand, but she didn't want to start any discussions so she decided not to say anything else and went to her room.