Chapter 2

Jeremy's dreams were getting too much for him to handle. For weeks he had been experiencing this but he hadn't dared to ask what they meant. Today was the 6Os dance at the high school. Things had been getting tense as the others were planning on killing Klaus and they were determined to get him over and done with.

  "Look, just stay out of it, okay Jeremy?" Bonnie sighed as she got the final arrangements ready for the event that night. She was going to be channeling power that could possibly kill her in order to kill Klaus but he was trying to talk her out of it, not wanting her to get hurt. People were always dying around him and he was sick of it all. "Look, I understand but there must be another way," Jeremy sighed softly as he paced up and down, fiddling with his ring as he did so.

 "I'm trying to save your sister here and I don't particularly want you to be telling her otherwise she will try to stop me from doing what I need to do," she said softly with a sad smile on her face as she looked at him. Jeremy willed his emotions to calm as he took a shuddering deep breath in and nodded his head." I understand.. "he said at last."I really do.." he whispered softly, his voice thickening with emotion.

Bonnie hugged him tightly towards herself. "Whatever happens, just know that I love you.. All of you so much," she whispered into his ear and he nodded his head, pulling away slightly from the hug to nod his head. "Of course, of course" he reassured her. They smiled softly at one another before Bonnie took Jeremy's outstretched arm and they all went in. 

The party was in full swing. The school surely knew how to put on a display. The hall was The kids and teachers seemed to be having a good time, dancing, laughing and drinking. But Jeremy knew better. It wasn't going to be a simple party. Something always went down, meaning someone would always get hurt in the process. 

Bonnie soon left him to go off to find Damon and Stefan, so Jeremy was alone once more. Jeremy just sighed softly and decided to find out where the drinks and food were. He soon found the drinks with Tyler and Matt. They seemed to be the only ones who seemed normal, although Tyler seemed to be acting strangely around him. He understood that a lot of things happened to him recently so it was no wonder why he wasn't really acting like himself.

He hoped that he never knew anything about his little crush on him, otherwise he would be incredibly embarrassed. Someone like him would never go for a guy like himself and the thought of that made his heart twinge in sadness but he didn't say anything, keeping his tone and expression light and even as he interacted with the two of them.

He started to zone out a little bit and he went away into the corridor of the school which was currently quieter, but the music was still pounding from the hall. He sank down on the floor against the lockers as he slowly shut his eyes, starting to slip into another vivid dreamlike memory. 

"Brother no, it's too dangerous and father will punish us!" the elder boy said to his youngest brother as he followed him into the woods. "Oh come on, Nik! I want to see them shift myself!" he laughed softly as he got closer to where the men often came on a full moon. The moon was full and high and bright in the sky, indicating that the men would shift soon.

"Brother, we must go back!" the elder boy said in an urgent whisper, hissing softly as he looked around, trying to see anything out of ordinary. They had to get out of here. If father noticed them missing…

A scream mixed with a savage growl pierced through the air and the boy felt his heart in his throat. No… No! This couldn't be happening to him! His brother's neck was mangled and he was dead and cold.