Chapter 8

After Elijah had told him the truth, Jeremy felt like he couldn't breathe. He still couldn't believe what he had been told, even if it had been three days ago. But something was up with Elena. After the stunt that he pulled with Elijah, she hadn't been speaking to him. In fact, she had been avoiding him more than ever and he felt incredibly guilty. This wasn't his fault, so why was she acting like it was? He had been told so many things to the point that he couldn't even keep up, yet he was the bad guy.

He understood what Elena was going through but at the same time he didn't - everything still was incredibly confusing to him and now he just felt stupid. He sat down on his window seat and looked outside, mulling over his thoughts. He couldn't face his sister and her friends. He felt like a traitor even though it wasn't his fault. But why him? He was just a simple human, right? So why was he the reincarnation of Klaus's brother? He wasn't even special. Or so he thought.

The gang had met up at the Salvatore Boarding House, as usual to think about what to do. "So now he's definitely met Elijah. This isn't good. Elijah isn't supposed to be trusted - he's an original. Klaus's brother" Damon said as if it was the most obvious thing. Elena just sighed and flopped down onto the couch. "I just couldn't believe that Jeremy did that."

"Elijah threatened both me and Jenna downstairs and then Jeremy just leaps into his arms and he just takes him away. I tried to listen in on their conversation, but I couldn't understand a word that they were saying. Something tells me that they are doing this on purpose" she explained and the group looked at her thoughtfully.

"Maybe we keep him under house arrest? So he can't leave?" Stefan suggested at last. Bonnie just shook her head. "That won't work. That's why I said that we try and use Jeremy to try and get some incriminating information against Klaus. We have to do something! The moment that they find out that we're keeping their long lost brother away from them, all hell is going to be breaking loose and we can't have that now. Not ever!" she stressed out, slamming her text down. The group was relying on her to try and kill Klaus but she couldn't think of anything. Caroline spoke up after a while.

"You know, I don't really trust this Elijah guy," and Damon snorted. "That's what I've been trying to say barbie all this time! Thank goodness you finally got the memo!" he said, his tone dripping with sarcasm as he rolled his icy blue eyes. Caroline just ignored his comment and continued. "Because Jeremy is now practically his brother in a somewhat twisted and sick way, I honestly think that his intentions have changed" she explained. Bonnie looked at her, brows furrowed. "How so?" she asked and tilted her head to the side.

"I don't know, I just feel like this whole thing is a complete joke. I don't think that Elijah is actually going to try and keep everyone safe like he said that he would. I don't know, but I feel like it's impossible.. Ugh I don't even know what I'm even talking about right now!" she groaned in frustration and sat back. Damon just scoffed. "This is the reason why we don't tell you anything. You just don't understand" and proceeded to take a sip of his bourbon before Bonnie set it alight.

"So what do we do now? We haven't seen anything of Klaus. We only know what he's like from Elijah. He's the only one who knows him" Elena said. And Jeremy.. She thought but didn't dare to say it out loud. She was still feeling off about the whole reincarnation thing. She didn't really understand it wholly even though Bonnie had explained it to her several times.

Maybe she was preventing herself from understanding but she couldn't bring herself to dwell on that much longer. The whole thing gave her a headache. She had so many things to deal with - the main thing was to try and survive whatever curveball was going to throw at her. She could count on her friends to keep her safe.

As Jeremy had eventually fallen asleep against the window on his seat when he found himself in his bed against a warm chest. He tensed up and panicked a little bit when he eventually understood that it was Klaus holding him in his arms. He felt strange. His two brothers weren't talking to each other. Klaus didn't even know that Elijah was in Mystic Falls but they had interactions with him. He couldn't help but feel a little awkward. He giggled softly and nuzzled his head underneath Klaus's chin who just smiled softly and rubbed his back up and down, holding the male close to him.

"How are you doing, little brother?" he asked in a soft tone of voice. Jeremy just hummed in response. "So I'm guessing that you aren't in the mood to talk, then?" he realised with a dimpled smirk. Jeremy started to feel worried and his heart started to beat erratically as a result. Klaus immediately picked this up. "Are you OK? What's wrong?" his heartbeat had started to pound in his ears and he immediately got worried as it was so loud and jerky that it was bordering on painful. What could have happened to make him suddenly act like this?

Jeremy just shook his head."It's nothing, don't worry. I'm OK I promise" he said at last, trying to keep his voice steady but Klaus's supernatural hearing could pick up the little jumps in his heart, indicating that he was lying to him. Klaus just sighed softly and brought him up into a sitting position, looking at the younger male dead in the eyes. He tried to keep his voice gentle but firm. He didn't like people lying to him, especially when it was his family. It didn't make them trustworthy in his eyes.

"Jeremy, I'm a vampire" he started. And a werewolf he wanted to say but he didn't want to be telling him that information just now, although something told him that he already knew. "I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps whenever you're lying to me," he explained softly. He didn't want to compel the answers out of him, but it wouldn't be the first time that happened to him. He found out that the one of Salvatore brothers compelled him and snapped his neck. He had a feeling that it was the raven haired one who did that. Jeremy bit down hard on his lip. "I'm just - -" he tried to pick his words out carefully.

He was about to continue when he saw something wrapped around his brother's body. He couldn't understand what it was and it looked like strings wrapped around him tightly. How long had they been there? But Klaus was waiting. "Little brother. I'm waiting" he said in the same tone of voice - gentle but firm. Jeremy decided to just be honest with him. He couldn't bear to lie.

"I know about your curse!" he blurted out and turned away, unable to look into his face after he said those words.