Chapter 26

"This is my sister Rebekah, a word of caution, she can be quite mean" Klaus said with a smirk, looking over his shoulder where Rebekah was leading Tyler into the sports hall, almost throwing him to the floor. "Oh shut up, Nik" she said with a sigh and a roll of her eyes. She had then deposited Tyler on the floor who just rolled over and crouched down, baring his teeth.

He growled softly underneath his breath as he went, his eyes flickering between brown and yellow, she looked around at the group who had gathered, seemingly uninterested. "So this is the latest doppelganger. The original doppelganger was much prettier," she voiced her opinion and looked Elena up and down.

"Now where's our brother, Nik? Or are you just lying to me again, like you always do?" she asked with a hint of a sneer in her voice, turning on her heels to look at her elder brother, her mouth curled up in a grimace. Klaus sighed. "Look, wherever he is, he'll be here soon, he —"

"Enough," Jeremy called, pulling the doors of the backdoor to the gym open, walking in. "No harm shall come to Tyler. Tyler shall be a hybrid on his own terms," he explained, mostly to Klaus who had a shocked look on his face, probably wondering how he knew all the information but Jeremy just held up his hand, silencing any further comments. He had important things to say and it wouldn't do good for him to get interrupted.

"Sister," he said, looking straight ahead at Rebekah whose expression resembled that of a deer caught up in the headlights. Elena just looked betrayed, hurt flashing in her eyes. How dare he call her sister? All the Originals did was cause trouble. Rebekah took in a sharp breath, stunned at the image of her reincarnated brother. She teared up and ran into his arms, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Klaus looked on with a soft smile playing on the edges of his lips, happy at the sight of their reunited siblings.

"Oh brother, I'm so sorry" she wept, fearing to look at his face. Jeremy smiled softly, rubbing her back up and down. "It's okay, it's not your fault, none of what happened was your fault" he reassured. "But - but.." she tried to protest but Jeremy gently hushed her. "It's okay, truly sister" he said with a soft expression on his face. Rebekah was about to say something when Matt spoke up for the first time.

"Errr, what's going on?"

He had been watching the scene play out with a confused expression on his face, but nobody had explained anything to him. Jeremy sighed softly. He had just realised that nobody had filled him in on the events that happened, not that he was surprised. Even though Matt was considered a friend of theirs, he didn't really do much and he hated anything to do with the supernatural.

He didn't particularly blame him, after his sister did perish at the hands of Damon Salvatore. He gestured towards Dana and Chad who were watching the scene and told them to leave before he explained himself. The two unsuspecting students didn't need to know any of that. He wasn't going to let them get hurt.

"I'm a reincarnation," he said with a soft sigh as he explained himself to Matt who just looked at him with a judgemental expression covered over his features. "So you're with them?" he sputtered in disgust as he gestured towards them, hate shining in his eyes. "Look, I don't have to explain myself to you, okay? If you don't like it, you can very well leave" he snapped out in annoyance. "It's not like you're needed anyway" he muttered lowly underneath his breath.

"So, what are you doing here Klaus?" Bonnie spoke up with hate glinting in her eyes. Klaus just chuckled, his dimples on display making Caroline's stomach flip unexpectedly. "Well love, I've been having hybrid trouble," he explained. "It's pretty morbid actually, everytime I try to turn one they die, so I want you to hurry up and find out the reason why" he said with a hint of a growl underneath his tone, making Bonnie flinch.

Caroline, even though she was a little scared, she couldn't help but be enthralled by his presence. He screamed dominance and power and it intrigued her. "It seems like someone is affected by you, Nik" Rebekah said in a sly tone of voice, making Caroline flush deeply and shake her head fervently. "Nono, I—" she tried to protest but Klaus beat her to it.

"I can hear your heartbeat increase love" he smirked devilishly and Caroline just groaned and stomped out, slamming the door behind her. She couldn't believe that she had let herself slip like that in front of everyone and she couldn't bear to see Matt's disgusted and betrayed look at her and so she left.

Klaus just grinned and then turned towards Bonnie once more, a menacing glint shining in his eyes. "So Bonnie, can you solve my hybrid problem?" he asked calmly but his eyes stated otherwise. Jeremy sighed. "Elena's blood is the key. Doppelganger blood is incredibly powerful and can make you more hybrids.

"If Elena had truly died in the ritual then you wouldn't have been able to make anymore because only her blood can turn any wolf into a hybrid," he explained. Elena spoke up for the first time in a while. "What do you mean?" she asked, not believing whatever she just heard. Jeremy sighed.

"If Klaus wants to make his hybrid army, he has to use your blood to do it"