Chapter 35

eremy had never moved so fast. He jumped into his truck and raced towards the Boarding House. He had absolutely no idea why Elena and the rest of the gang would do something so reckless and stupid. Whenever they tried something dangerous, someone else would suffer because of it. Whenever they tried to cross Klaus, he would always be a few steps ahead.

They knew better than to cross the Mikaelson family and when they did they hurt people. Wasn't Damon's death a clear warning? He had seen a few other text messages from Rebekah and felt a pang of guilt. He should have been there for her but he hadn't. But there was no time for that. He had an evil Mikael to face.

He parked his vehicle on the street opposite and ran over. He debated for a few moments as to what he should do. Then he decided to go in through the back. When he arrived he could hear shouting and talking. He ran in and saw Mikael taunting Klaus from the inside. The gang had actually brought him here.

His heart pounded in his ears as he rushed over, his eyes blazing. "What have you done?!" he raged at Stefan. Elena was in Mikael's arms and he paled. But he then thought it could be Katherine pretending to be his sister.

"Wasn't Damon's death enough of a warning to you?!" he growled. Stefan raced towards him, his vampire features on display but Jeremy just threw him away from him using his magic. Everyone was shocked as Jeremy had never used his magic against any of them before. Save for Damon, that was. "Henrik?" Mikael's uncertain voice filtered through. But Rebekah stepped up before he could say anything.

"Whatever fatherly rubbish you're about to say, end this bullshit now" she growled, her eyes flashing in anger and her hands clenched into fists. She had just gotten her youngest brother back and she was feeling protective over him. She wasn't going to be losing him again. Not on her watch.

Klaus was hunched up, ready to attack. He decided to taunt him. "Come on in, oh wait," he stopped for a few moments as if he was thinking about something. "You can't" he jeered, his eyes filled with hate for the man whom he called father. Mikael just chuckled and tightened his grip on the girl in his arms. "Nobody cares about you boy," he spat with contempt. Jeremy scoffed. "Is that what your father told you?"

"Because it seems like you're protecting your insecurities onto him because you can't get over your childhood wounds," he said in a voice so cold that it even made Mikael falter for a few seconds. He opened his mouth to speak but Jeremy silenced him by using a spell. Rebekah and Klaus looked at him with worried glances but he simply nodded at them. He had a lot of things to say and he was determined to let it all out. Right now before he died.

"Everything that you said towards Klaus.. Every single amount of abuse that you've given him was just you hating him because he's more of a man you'll ever be. You're just mad because Esther cheated on your ugly ass, which I don't particularly blame her for and Klaus is the product, a handsome one I might add of her affair," he growled, his eyes flashing.

Klaus chuckled softly at the statement about him being a handsome product of his mother's affair but he quickly turned neutral. The man was looking at him with so much hate but he didn't care.

Rebekah looked him with wonder in her eyes. He was saying everything that she wanted to tell him but she wasn't brave enough to. She was scared of their father and had spent most of her immortal life running from him. So many thoughts were running through her head that she was starting to get dizzy. Jeremy just sent a wave of relief towards her, not caring that he was using a lot of his magic in one short period of time.

Rebekah couldn't believe what was happening. After centuries of running, her father would be put down. She only mourned the fact that it hadn't been done sooner. She could almost imagine what it would have been like.

All of them loving their immortal days together until they encountered their reincarnated sibling. Tears started to form in her eyes but she forcefully brushed them away. She didn't want to seem weak as she witnessed his final moments.

Jeremy just smirked and threw a sharp pain - inflicting spell onto him. Mikael cried out but nothing came out of his mouth, throwing Katherine towards the floor. He was determined to make him suffer like he caused his siblings to suffer. He needed to be killed at once.

"You are a pathetic man, Mikael," he spat. "Hell, you aren't even a man, just a pathetic and vindictive piece of shit who's too afraid to face the monster that he created! Yes Mikael, you created him!" his voice was rising with each word that he spoke and flames arose. He turned towards Klaus who almost took a step back at the murderous look in his eyes. "Finish him off," he growled. "How poetic is this. The son that you dedicated your pathetic immortal life trying to kill is now going to kill you."

Mikael's eyes widened and Jeremy laughed. Stefan flinched at the sound from where he was in the corner. The teenager looked so different now. He truly was a Mikaelson at heart as well as as a Gilbert.

A harsh bitter laugh fell from his lips as he looked at the pathetic being with anger that had been burning. He remembered what he was like in his past life. He wasn't going to change. People like Mikael never changed.

"You tried," he shrugged uncaringly. "But you failed. Big time. Rot wherever you go because neither heaven nor hell will accept such a flawed specimen like you," he sneered one last time before squeezing Rebekah's hand for comfort which she immediately returned with a grateful smile.

He didn't care that she used her supernatural strength to hold onto his hand like a lifeline. He was going to be there for her. Klaus stepped over the threshold and took the stake from Mikael. Jeremy left the spells on him.

In a few moments he would be dead so it was no point. The beast didn't deserve to have any last words. Klaus chuckled, showing off his dimples but it wasn't a nice sound. It was cold, hollow and dark. "My brother is right," he began and Jeremy's heart filled with warmth regardless of the situation. He held Rebekah closer towards himself.

"It is beautifully and tragically poetic that the son that you tried to kill," he smirked devilishly. "Wait, I'm not even your son but that's besides the point," he barked a harsh laugh as he lowered himself down towards his level, his eyes flickering with hate, sadness, victory - blue eyes swirling with different emotions as he observed the man who was hell bent on killing him.

"But you are pathetic. You failed," he rasped harshly and thrust the dagger through his heart savagely, stepping back to witness the broken body of the destroyer burning on the Salvatore Boarding House steps, never to be seen again.

At the sight, a wave of calmness washed over him so strong that he almost fell over but he regained his stance as he looked towards the burning beast of a man with cold, harsh eyes. With his body burnt anything that he had ever felt for him.

At the sight, Rebekah fell towards the floor, tears blurring her vision as she allowed herself to cry. Joy.. relief.. exhaustion. A great weight fell off her body as she slumped forward as he continued to burn. Footsteps ran in at the very last minute. Kol, Elijah and Finn witnessed the last of their father disappear into nothing but ashes which just floated away in the breeze.