Chapter 31

When Jeremy awoke, he felt groggy and disoriented. The last thing he remembered was taking a walk through the forest when he approached the Witch House.. He suddenly snapped to attention, all grogginess gone. He tried to move his arms but he couldn't. He tugged at the chains and growled.

Suddenly footsteps were approaching where he was being held. There were no windows apart from a small grate low in the wall, so he must be held underneath the main floor of the building.

"You won't be able to do your little witchy ju - ju against me, little Gilbert" Damon sneered as he stepped into the room. Jeremy scowled at him. Suddenly that death spell would come in very useful. He wished that he had something before he had left but there was nothing that he could do.

"What did you do?!?" he growled, his usually warm chocolate brown eyes were now hard and cold, almost making Damon flinch. But Damon wouldn't give him that satisfaction. Instead, he just chuckled, walking closer towards him and bending down so that he was eye level with him.

Light eyes stared into dark ones. "I knew that you would try to do magic against me and Stefan, so I had a witch create magic proof chains for me," he said with a shit eating grin. Jeremy scoffed.

"You do realise that not all spells need to be used with our hands right?" he said in a deadpan tone of voice. Damon just smirked, his eyes glinting with disdain. "You are going to tell me everything that you know about Klaus," he whispered softly, trying to be threatening but Jeremy just looked at him, expressionless. "How about you ask him yourself?" he asked in the same tone of voice. Damon sneered.

"Getting a little brave now, aren't you, little Gilbert?" he mocked. Jeremy just smirked. "I think that you're the one who's getting a little brave, don't you think?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. The stupidity and the sheer arrogance of this vampire was sickening. He really thought that he would be able to get away with this but he was gravely mistaken.

"Not only did you take all of the coffins but you also very stupidly decided to kidnap me. When Klaus finds out about this what do you think that he'll do?" he asked calmly but he could see the flash of fear in Damon's eyes. He smirked in delight, he loved seeing Damon afraid.

"That's it, he'll kill you, and probably Stefan too," he spat with contempt, his eyes blazing with anger. Damon growled and went to kick him in the ribs but Jeremy quickly afflicted him with an aneurysm, sending Damon to the floor, clutching his head in agony.

"How does it feel, Damon?" he taunted, a savage look in his eyes. "What Klaus is going to end up doing to you is going to be so much worse than I'm doing," he said innocently. "So take this as a mercy!" he growled, sending another strong aneurysm towards him, making blood trickle down Damon's nose as he writhed around in pain.

Jeremy released the spell but he looked pale. He needed to save his strength. He wasn't going to be stupid enough to waste all his time and energy on the worthless Salvatore brothers.

But he couldn't bring himself to believe that Elena allowed this to happen. He could feel the anger rising up inside him but he pushed it away. All he could do was just wait until someone noticed that he was missing and would come to find him soon. He closed his eyes for a few moments.

When he opened them, Damon was nowhere to be seen. Jeremy smirked, knowing that his words had evidently had some effect on the elder Salvatore brother.

— — —

Klaus roared, his hybrid features on display as he tore through the house, not caring that he was messing up with the progress of the mansion. He had a good mind to rip through all the compelled decorators and landscapers but he couldn't be bothered to deal with the bodies afterwards. When he heard that Jeremy had been kidnapped he had gone into a fit of rage.

He growled a chest rumbling growl that would make anyone's blood run cold before shifting into his wolf before running to find Tyler. That young hybrid would tell Klaus everything that he knew, recording or no recording.

Tyler was surprised when he was suddenly corned by a wolf in his own backyard but he wasn't scared. If it had been underneath other circumstances then he would have been a little nervous. Instead, he just waited somewhat calmly and waited for Klaus to shift back. Surprisingly, he had his clothes on still.

Klaus' eyes bore into Tyler's. "Where is he?!" he growled viciously. "He's being kept at the Witch House," he replied. Klaus growled and punched the wall next to Tyler's head, making him flinch ever so slightly. "And what of the coffins?" he snapped, his eyes flashing.

"I'm guessing that the coffins are being kept there as well," he responded, kicking a stone away. Klaus tugged at his hair in frustration. He wanted to attack but he had to be smart about it. The Salvatores had his coffins and he knew that if he did something rash, he wouldn't get them back. He tilted his head towards the side, thinking for a few moments.

"And what about the doppelganger? What did she think?" he asked, dangerously calm. Tyler shrugged. "She seemed to be on board with the whole idea." He watched warily when a devious glint shone in Klaus' eyes.

"She only asked Damon not to hurt him. It seems like her hatred for you has overrun her loyalty towards her brother," Tyler murmured, mostly to himself. He believed that Elena would have at least tried to stop him but she didn't. Klaus smirked. "You are going to take Elena and chain her up in the Lockwood cellar, just like her brother Jeremy."

"Tell the Salvatores that if they don't return both my coffins and my sibling, then Elena is going to die," he ordered and sped away. Tyler's blood ran cold. He took a few moments to calm his breathing before he started to move.

"Tyler, who was that you were talking to?" Carol's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "It was just someone passing by," he called back, not really caring about what she was saying at the moment. He had to prove his loyalty towards Klaus

But he knew deep down that wasn't the only reason. Jeremy was also his boyfriend who was Klaus' brother and he didn't want him to take Jeremy away from him. He decided to wait until nightfall to carry out his plans.

— — —

When it was nightfall, he stalked towards the Gilbert residence. Obviously Elena must have covered up the real truth about Jeremy's disappearance to Jenna and Alaric, hence why they weren't out looking for him. He looked up and smirked. Elena wasn't smart.

Leaving the windows open was a bad idea, especially when the town was crawling about with the supernatural. He jumped up on the ledge of Elena's window, a chloroform soaked cloth in his hands before covering her face up with it.

He should have felt bad but he didn't. She had willingly let her brother be kidnapped and now Elena would be getting her just deserts. He waited for a few moments until she was certainly unconscious before he sped away with her body in her arms towards the Lockwood cellar.

He only hoped that Stefan and Damon would end up handing the coffins over soon, otherwise nobody would be getting out of this situation alive.