Chapter 9

Klaus had left after he had uttered those words. He must have found out from the doppelganger and her friends. He was stupid to think that he would have been left in the dark about this whole situation. Their circle was little so it was obvious that information got around fast - a little bit too fast for his liking.

He sighed deeply and rubbed his temples. The secret was out of the bag. There was nowhere to hide and no way to lie. He angrily smashed his glass of alcohol against the wall. Now he had to make sure that his plans would not be interrupted.

Jeremy entered into the Mystic Grill, nervously tugging at his jacket. Tyler had asked him to meet up with him and he agreed, of course. He would take up any opportunity to be with his crush, even if it was from afar and for a few moments. He looked around the pub - restaurant and found Tyler seated in a booth at the end.

He smiled softly to himself and made his way over to the male, trying to seem too eager with his steps - he didn't want to seem needy. "Hey Tyler, what's up?" he asked with a soft smile as he sat down opposite him in the booth, getting himself in a comfortable position.

Tyler smiled and subtly looked Jeremy over. He was getting increasingly good looking and he wondered why he hadn't seen it before. But it was better late than never. "Hey man, how's it going?" he smiled softly at him and pushed a menu towards him so that he could look through it. Jeremy nodded his head, his warm brown eyes shining softly.

"It's going good, but I could be better though," he said with a shrug. Tyler nodded his head sympathetically. "I understand. Shits kinda gone crazy, huh?" he said with a small chuckle as he began to flick through the menu, biting on his lip softly. He had to cut to the chase - no more jumping around the subject.

He cleared his throat before speaking. "So, uhh - - you know at the masquerade ball?" he began. Jeremy looked up so fast that he thought he was going to break his neck. Tyler quickly explained himself. "I kinda wanna get to know you," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck, a sheepish smile gracing his features. "I know that we haven't been the best of people to each other, but after that night at the masque, I went home and I thought.

Not just about what you said but about you in general" Jeremy's mouth was open. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. His crush wanting to get to know him? "I - I, not like that yaknow but - b-but" Tyler explained himself once more but Jeremy just reached over and squeezed his hand.

"I know. I do too,"he confessed with a smile."I just couldn't bring myself to think that you would look at someone like me. A broken teenager who turned to drugs and alcohol for comfort after losing his parents, having an uncle who was never there before, starting to get back into your life, a sister who allows her little brother to get his neck snapped and compelled, causing me to forget those who I loved and cared about.." he trailed off and sighed softly before continuing."Finding out about my past -"

Tyler bit down on his bottom lip softly, rubbing his thumb gently over his knuckles. "I understand," he whispered softly. "I really do." Jeremy looked at him with a soft expression on his face. "You do?" Tyler nodded his head with a smile. "I do. Now, let's talk about something lighter and eat something, hey?" he asked with a grin and Jeremy just laughed.

"he's a WHAT?!?" Caroline exclaimed in surprise when Elena had told them what happened. She had spoken with Elijah after she removed the dagger - proving herself to him that she could be trusted, although Elijah seemed to disagree. Stefan and Damon obviously weren't too keen on the idea but there wasn't anything that they could do about it. "He's literally a vampire and a werewolf," she said in shock and took a deep breath. "And that's not even the worst part of it all.." her voice trailed off and everyone looked at her expectantly. "He said that because of his younger brother's death, that's the reason why they were turned - so that they were able to protect themselves."

Elena finished off. Elijah never said how and that worried her. "Wait.. So he knows that you know about Jeremy" Bonnie realised. Elena nodded. "But he didn't mention how. He said that Klaus and Jeremy, well Henrik went into the woods and he got attacked but he didn't say by who or what," she explained. Damon furrowed his brows in confusion. "Wait, Henrik?" he asked. Stefan rolled his eyes. "Now who's the dumb one? That must have been his name in his past life, right?" he asked the group and they nodded in confirmation. "Elijah is definitely keeping something from you, Elena. Why couldn't he tell you about what killed him?"

Bonnie asked with a raised eyebrow. "Come on now, think. Klaus is a werewolf and a vampire. His mother cheated with a werewolf villager before whatever, I don't particularly care. And now Elijah is spilling out the details. Why do you think that his werewolf side got bound?" she asked, wanting them to understand. The real blatant truth was right in front of their eyes but they didn't see it. It was only after a while that Caroline gasped, the truth dawning on her and she went pale, the colour leaving her cheeks. The rest of the group just looked at her in confusion, still not understanding what she meant.

"He got killed by werewolves," she whispered softly, her voice barely audible.