Epilogue

It was six months since Jeremy and his siblings had left Mystic Falls for good. Finn had survived almost being staked by Matt Donovan. He immediately had to be dealt with. Jeremy couldn't allow him to get away with that and so he injured him a good few times along with Kol who had then begged him for mercy. Matt was lucky that he never decided to kill him. Just his presence made him so angry.

He was incredibly annoying and he didn't even understand why he was caught up with the supernatural in the first place. He was just a human. An annoying human at that but he understood that he had lost a huge amount due to it. Jeremy swore that it was only his empathy for certain people that stopped him from snapping.

Then after that, Kol had survived an attempt on being killed by Elena and Stefan. When the news broke, Jeremy had almost burnt down the house - the burst of magic seeping through his veins. He almost lost his brothers in a span of a month and he was feeling a deadly rage that he had never felt before.

Jeremy had killed Stefan in an instant - he was sick and tired of the attempts the gang was taking in order to kill his family. When he had told Rebekah the news she only nodded her head with a grim expression. Jeremy was worried. He understood that she and Stefan had a bit of a romance during the 20's but that was stopped due to Klaus' compulsion against Stefan and him daggering Rebekah after she had chosen Stefan over him. Jeremy deep down thought that it was rather cruel, but after he learnt that Mikael was hot on their trail, he thought differently.

Rebekah understood that her family always came first and whoever tried to plot against then would ultimately fail. She had said to him, "After everything that's happened, I don't even feel anything for him anymore," she said in a faraway, soft tone of voice. "I think spending ninety years in that coffin diminished any love that I even had for him greatly"

He wasn't guilty in the slightest when he saw the look of heartbreak in her eyes. He was done with her scheming ways. She didn't care about anyone else apart from herself. He wished that he had seen it sooner. The people around her had been swayed into thinking that she was the only one who was suffering the greatest amount and needed help. Nobody had ever really given him a second thought, aside from Caroline and when the rest of his family appeared.

He had told Elijah what he had done but he just brought him into a hug, saying "You did what you did in order to protect this family. Do not feel guilty for doing so." At his words, Jeremy felt better. He hoped that this would be the first and last time he would have to go to such lengths in order to deal with those who crossed his family.

People were always getting the short end of the stick when they helped her out and she didn't even recognise this. She only hid behind the imagine of a doppelganger who needed help and everyone else got hurt because they were helping her out. Jeremy was officially sick and tired of it all.

Jeremy had just said to Elena in a soft but cold tone of voice : "If I had never gotten rid of Stefan, my brothers would have gotten rid of you," he had said. "And I don't think that I would have stopped them this time," he whispered hoarsely to himself, disgust crawling up at his throat. It was a tearful goodbye he gave to Alaric and Jenna. They didn't even know half of the things that he had gone through due to the supernatural world, but they understood his need to get away from the town.

A lot had happened and he needed the break. He didn't say goodbye to Bonnie or Elena. Their part in his family's almost deaths still stung and he didn't think that he would ever forgive them - their betrayal was too great. He did give a goodbye to Caroline. She had been left in the dark on most of the plans that the rest of them had gone through and he couldn't be mad at her. Caroline was very difficult to hate. He whispered into her ear before he left her :

"Klaus will be waiting for you" and she pushed him off the doorstep. He had given her mother a big hug and thanked her for everything that she had done for the town. He understood that she felt powerless against the hands of the supernatural but since the main offenders were now gone - meaning Stefan and Damon, and of course Klaus, the supernatural should be laying low after he had left. She had given him a hug and a nod, saying that she would be looking forward to seeing him again soon enough when he had recovered and spent time with his family.

Jeremy gave Tyler a tearful goodbye and a squeezing hug. Tyler buried his face in his neck and inhaled his scent, saying that he would miss him so much and Jeremy agreed through misty eyes. Tyler was upset that he was going away but he too understood why he was doing this. Tyler promised that afterwards he would go up to New Orleans and they would spend time together. Jeremy happily agreed and gave him a deep kiss, soft tears running down his cheeks but they were kissed away gently by the wolf.

All in all, he was heavy hearted when he finally had to leave but he had to do this. The town had brought him nothing but heartache and confusion, but at least the people he met had made the experience better. He only let out the breath that he didn't even know he was holding when they passed the sign that read 'Leaving Mystic Falls.' His family gave him encouraging looks and squeezes. They too were happy that they were leaving with their long lost little sibling, hoping never to return.

They understood that he had been born and grown up in the town - leaving your home place was difficult, especially when you had lived there for many years. But with his family by his side, he could get through anything that life threw at him. He was Jeremy Gilbert - Mikaelson.

— — —

"Woah, I can't believe that you actually built this city yourself," he said in awe as he and Klaus were walking along the French Quarter. New Orleans was a city filled with rich culture, art, music and magic. Jeremy revelled in it. The liveliness of the city was just the thing that he needed after the boring Mystic Falls. New Orleans was everything that he dreamt of outside Virginia. The witch and magical parts of the city were what Jeremy was most interested in. Klaus smirked proudly as they walked the streets, admiring the city in all its glory. "That I did. This is my city and you are sharing it with me," he said with a soft smile on his face which Jeremy instantly returned.

After all, he was a witch and he was looking forward to meeting people who shared the same gifts as himself. He wanted to become stronger in his craft so that he would have something to be proud of. But he knew that his family would be proud of him nonetheless, whatever he decided to do.

He had met some of the witches of the French Quarter Coven and they said that he would be able to become a member once he was older. Jeremy just smiled and said that he would think about it. He had gone into magical shops along with Kol and Finn and they showed him the types of books concerning the craft. Of course, they had bought them all for him in an instant and placed them into a shocked Jeremy's hands. He protested that he couldn't take it, but the elders insisted that it was a gift and that he should take it.

He had seen many sides to Klaus over the time that they had spent together. There was more to him that met the eye. He had seen his savage side, his plotting side, his evil side but what he loved most of all was his softer side that he rarely showed, but it was a treat when he did so. "Hopefully I'll inherit the city then," he said with a laugh and playfully nudged his shoulder, a smirk playing on the edges of his lips. Klaus just scoffed and pushed him away playfully, rolling his eyes as he did so.

"Over my dead body little one, over my dead body" Jeremy laughed happily and grinned as the elder put his arm around his shoulder. Things were definitely looking up and the future wasn't so bleak. As he had always thought to himself in his heart - as long as he he had his family by his side, everything would be OK.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐇𝐄𝐍𝐑𝐈𝐊 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐀𝐄𝐋𝐒𝐎𝐍, 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 🎉