Chapter 28

Stefan was off the rails. He had been acting irrational and the rest of the gang didn't know what to do with him. Jeremy suspected that it had something to do with the road trip that the vampire had been forced to go on over the summer. He didn't know the exact events that happened but he couldn't really bring himself to care. He had used his magic against him on more than one occasion because he was harming Elena. He hoped that their newly rekindled sibling relationship would continue. But something deep down told him that it wouldn't last.

"What honestly happened on that road trip?" Jeremy asked Klaus one day, crossing his arms over his chest as he stood in the room where Klaus was compelling people to remodel the mansion that he was planning for them all to live in. Klaus waved his hand around in a flippant manner. "I made him turn it off," he said with a smirk. Jeremy frowned, his eyebrows furrowed. "His emotions, of course," he explained. "The guilt was killing him so I made him turn it off" Klaus took a sip of his blood as he wiggled his eyebrows at him. Jeremy just sighed, shaking his head. He decided not to ask anything more on the matter.

"But how did you know about my hybrid problem, little one?" Klaus asked curiously. Jeremy shrugged. "If Elena's blood could break your curse, her blood could then make hybrids. Doppelganger blood is incredibly powerful, like I said before. Making her truly die wouldn't have been able to make you do this in the first place." Klaus just hummed softly and took another sip from his glass. He was impressed with his growing magical abilities. Kol and Finn were updating him with his progress.

Jeremy walked further into the room, trailing his fingers over the equipment. Klaus' eyes widened and pushed it away from him. "Careful, gosh love," he said, putting the equipment on another table. Jeremy smiled softly to himself. He liked seeing Klaus like this. It was nice. But something seemed to be missing. "So how is your magic coming along, then?" Klaus asked again, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Jeremy nodded his head. "It's actually going good, Kol and Finn are helping me out. They gave me a few of their grimories to help me out with the process," he said with a grin, remembering the big books that they had gifted to him. Klaus hummed and nodded his head. He didn't particularly know what to think regarding his talents in the magic field but something deep down told him that they would need all the help that they could get.

"Did they give you Esther's grimorie?" he asked after a few beats of silence. Jeremy was a little surprised at the question but he didn't let it show. "Yeah, they did," he confirmed. "They said that they —" his words unfortunately were cut off when Klaus' phone rang and Klaus answered it immediately. "What?" he asked in a gruff tone of voice, his eyes flickering. Jeremy watched his expressions carefully. He wished that he had enhanced hearing so that he could hear what the older man was saying. But he was certain that he would tell him afterwards, whatever it was.

Whatever was said obviously made him angry because Klaus's hands clenched around his phone, his knuckles turning white. He heard him growl underneath his breath, his hands clenched into fists, his chest heaving up and down. Jeremy nibbled on his bottom lip worriedly. He was getting increasingly angry and he didn't particularly want to be in the firing line. It wasn't as if Klaus would deliberately outrightly hurt him but he was wary still.

"No! Give them back to me or I'll kill everyone you've ever met" he threatened in a dangerous tone of voice, making Jeremy's blood run cold. Just what on earth was happening? He tried to think of something that was valuable to him. He had his hybrid side, he had his family. Wait, his family. Were they back in coffins already? He hadn't even spent time with all of them properly. After a few moments of silence apart from Klaus throwing his phone down in a fit of rage. "He's taken the coffins! All of them!" he raged, stomping around, throwing all of the things onto the table.

Jeremy's heart sunk to the depths of his stomach. "Oh my gosh.." he whispered softly, looking at the ground in shock, suddenly not wanting to look at the elder. After a short while he spoke up somewhat tentatively because he knew that Klaus was obviously in a foul mood and he didn't want to antagonise him. "Do you want me to do a locator spell for them?" he asked softly. Now that he had magic, he would be able to help when it was needed.

Klaus shook his head vehemently. "No, no I don't want you to anything!" he shouted, speeding away from him, leaving Jeremy in the half decorated mansion.