Chapter 34

"Tell me why we shouldn't wake Mikael?" Elena asked with a smirk as she observed the youngest Original. She finally had the upper hand. Stefan remembered something about Mikael from the 2O's when he was with Klaus and Rebekah. Stefan still wouldn't tell her exactly what happened on that road trip but she was just thankful that he was back even though he wasn't himself.

The death of his brother had made it worse for him and now he was even more determined to take Klaus down no matter what the consequences because of how much Klaus had ruined their lives. "I've given you a thousand reasons as to why you shouldn't wake him up!" Rebekah screeched, her vampire features on display. "If you do that then we're all doomed!" The blonde Original couldn't understand why the doppelganger was so persistent in asking her so many questions. She just wished that she could kill her on the spot but Jeremy would never forgive her for doing so.

She had texted Jeremy to come along to the Boarding House because she knew that only he would be able to put some sense into her - if he ever listened to her. She was absolutely sick and tired of the doppelganger and her backstabbing ways. Allowing her brother to get kidnapped but Damon paid the price - with his life. She wasn't particularly surprised. He had crossed their family one too many times. But she did feel sorry for Stefan - somewhere deep down in her heart. She was pulled from her thoughts by Elena. "I know who killed your mother."

Rebekah could practically hear the smirk in the doppelganger's voice. But it sucked for her because she already knew the truth. She let out a harsh and bitter laugh. "I'm not stop little doppelganger, you don't have to tell me anything," she whirled around, her voice dripping with venom and her eyes filled with hate. "My mother actually came back from the dead and she told us everything that happened," she spoke in a fake whimsical tone of voice which threw Elena off guard. She was about to open her mouth when Rebekah held up her hand, ultimately silencing her.

"It seems like Damon Salvatore paid the price for your actions," she said cruelly when she saw the pathetic tears spring up in her eyes. The youngest Original had absolutely no sympathy for her. People had died around her and she was absolutely oblivious to it all. It was all her fault. Rebekah chuckled softly, but it wasn't a pretty sound. In fact it was so cold that it made Elena flinch. Rebeka tilted her head to the side as she observed the doppelganger. "It's so interesting," she mused aloud.

"Your little gang composed of Elena and friends constantly cross my family time and time again and then you're surprised when you're faced with the consequences of your actions." Her voice rose with every word that she spoke, her bright eyes flashing. "And if Damon's death wasn't a warning already in itself, you decide to wake my father up. Well, let me tell you one thing little miss Elena," she growled, stalking up towards her like she was her prey.

Elena stepped back in fear her heart sped up towards erratic heights, making Rebekah smirk. "I'll rip out the hearts of all your friends, one by one. I'd love to rip out your heart but as you're the sister of my reincarnated little brother, unfortunately I can't do much towards you. You should be thankful and take it as a mercy otherwise you would have been dead at my feet right now," she growled menacingly. "I've done absolutely nothing to you yet you come in here all high and mighty, acting all brave when in reality you aren't, creating something that you aren't even brave enough to finish," she said, her eyes filled with scorn. "Now get out!" she roared, her eyes flashing from a dark red to blue once more.

Elena should have taken the warnings and left like any normal person would do, yet she still decided to test her patience. "Why have you forgiven him? He's locked you up in a box for ninety years and I'm sure that he's done it to all of your other siblings too," she smirked once again. She needed to get underneath the Originals skin and to make her see what a terrible brother Klaus was to her. She needed to make her understand what a terrible person Klaus was in general. "And only just recently he locked you back up again," she continued. She couldn't understand why Rebekah was on his side. Klaus was just a manipulative and toxic bastard who needed to be put down immediately.

"Klaus is abusive and toxic to all of you and yet you love him. It seems that you've got an extremely bad case of Stockholm Syndrome because you are blinded by your love for him!" she cried out, ignoring the fact that she had an extremely pissed off vampire on her hands. And an Original one at that. She couldn't stop talking now, the lid was off and she just continued to spew out everything that she was feeling. "Klaus has a hand over everyone's lives here. Over mine, over Stefan's, over my friends and family." She was desperate now, she didn't even care about what she was saying.

"Why can't you understand that he's so dangerous and he practically destroyed his family with that little curse he was so obsessed with breaking?" she sneered, enjoying the contusion on Rebekah's face. "He betrays you, stabs you in the back multiple times and puts those whom you love in danger time and time again yet to run back to him like a pathetic little—" She didn't get to finish as she was knocked out back and flying so fast before she could even get her next sentence out. Rebekah Mikaelson was absolutely done with Elena Gilbert.

— — —

Jeremy was a mess. He had heard from Rebekah about Elena's rant towards her. He sighed loudly. He had to deal with a vengeful father from his past life who was hell bent on destroying Klaus and Elena and the gang were in on the plan. Elena had even daggered Mikael herself and was setting up the bait for him. He had desperately tried to make them understand that it was an incredibly bad idea but they didn't listen to him.

Jeremy was on his own most of the time at his house, save for him going up to the cloaked mansion where the rest of his siblings were staying at the moment. Jenna had moved on campus after all the events that took place. Even though he missed her, he knew that it was for the best. He just didn't want her to get hurt, especially when she was so close to dying the last time. He was glad that her and Alaric were still together nonetheless. Both of them had been through a lot and they deserved their happiness. As long as his guardian was happy, he was happy. He still didn't trust Esther.

He knew that she was up to something sinister. He knew deep down that she hadn't forgiven Klaus like she said that she had. She had given him strange looks but he had tried his best to ignore her. He was certain that she was up to something. He just had to find out what it was exactly she was planning to do. How on earth did she get out of her coffin? Jeremy just didn't know. His relationship with Tyler was going off the rails because he was at Klaus' beck and call.

He couldn't help but wonder that the reason why Klaus had been so accepting of the situation was because he would be able to control Tyler through the sire bond that had been created as a result of him now being a hybrid. He wouldn't particularly be surprised. Klaus was rather controlling at that. Everything was a total mess.

He just hoped that it would all be over soon. He was reading a book in his room when he had gotten a text. He looked down at his phone and his face paled sickly, compared to his usual colour.

Rebekah : It's Mikael. He's at the boarding house and he's threatening to kill Klaus. Hurry!

He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw, trying again to keep his magic underneath control once again as he felt the anger rise.