Chapter 17

The rest of the days passed by in a blur. It was so surprising to see Klaus in his own body once more and no longer possessing his history teacher. He felt uneasy though, because he knew what was going to happen but he knew that he couldn't stop it. Some of the group were currently gathered at the Salvatore Boarding house where they were getting ready for Klaus.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked Alaric. Jenna immediately grabbed a crossbow and aimed right at him, telling "get away from me! Get back!" she yelled out in a panic. Alaric put his hands up when everyone was getting ready to attack him if needs be. But Jenna wasn't so convinced. She raised an eyebrow, extremely skeptical, her finger poised on the trigger.

Everyone waited with bated breaths. "Well when we were together, we—" Alaric started and Jenna yelled, "OK, OK it's him!" and lowered the gun down, heaving a sigh of relief. Jeremy just rolled his eyes and smiled slightly despite himself. "So what do we do?" Elena asked softly. "We just have to wait and see what happens," Jeremy said, his voice void of all emotion as he stared ahead at the wall.

Damon harshly cursed and grabbed his jacket. "I'm going to see if I can postpone the ritual," he muttered as he sped out of the house. Nobody stopped him. Jeremy just sighed softly and shook his head. "He's going to end up getting himself killed," he murmured softly, rubbing his temples. He just wanted to sleep and hope to wake up in another time and place. He couldn't keep still.

He felt a little bad for feeling so restless when his sister was the most at risk here because she was practically about to be sacrificed but he had feelings too but he couldn't be too dramatic about it.

Everyone was stressed out about it and tried to put it off for long as possible but they had to accept the truth. The ritual would definitely go ahead and they would be forced to watch the events unfold. Until Damon rushed back in and stormed over to Elena, his blue eyes shining with determination.

"We don't even know if Elijah's stupid potion is going to work," he bit out as he cornered her, Elena's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, trying to back away from the situation. He suddenly bit down into his wrist and forced his wound into her mouth, making her drink his blood. Nobody spoke for a few moments.

Then all hell broke loose. Stefan lunged for him immediately, his vampire features all out as he grabbed Damon by his throat and squeezed hard, crushing on his windpipe. "What did you do?! She'll come back a vampire! She doesn't deserve this!" he screamed in anger and shook his brother, slapping him around the face. Jenna was curdled up on the sofa in shock, she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed.

The supernatural world was still new to her, even if Jeremy and Elena had told them what they knew. Seeing it in front of your eyes was scary. Alaric had a disappointed expression shining in his eyes. Jeremy just looked on with a blank expression clouded over his features. "If she came back a vampire, so be it. Then nobody would be risking their lives for her," he spoke in an emotionless tone of voice, his usually warm brown eyes empty.

Everything in his life was so fucked up that he had become somewhat desensitised to certain things. It didn't really surprise him. After continuous mysterious deaths and accidents, it eventually became the norm.

He knew what he was saying was heartless and cruel but it had to be said. "We've already lost so much..." his breath shuddered. "At least then Elena would be with you both till the end of her immortal days" he whispered softly and looked down at the floor, tears blurring his vision, stinging his eyes. Jenna gasped in shock.

"Jeremy.. How could you say such a thing?" she whispered, completely aghast at the words her nephew spoke. Damon and Stefan looked at him coldly, but the boy didn't care. Jeremy was finished with the bullshit and refused to take it no longer. Alaric suddenly said,"I'm going to take Jenna home," he said in a low tone of voice, not that anyone was really concentrating on what he was saying and he took his time to gather up his things and ushered her out, shutting the door firmly behind him. Nobody spoke for a few moments after that. Everyone couldn't believe the words coming out of the young teenagers mouth.