Chapter 27

"Nono, absolutely not!" Bonnie shouted, shaking her head fervently. "I won't allow it!" she cried, pushing Elena behind her. Elena was extremely confused and attempted to speak up but Bonnie just snapped her fingers and Elena was knocked out unconscious on the floor. Jeremy growled, his eyes shining angrily, stepping up towards her. "How do you use your magic against my sister right in front of me?" he growled. Bonnie narrowed her eyes.

"I wasn't going to have Elena hand herself over towards the monster" she spat out in disgust. Jeremy narrowed his eyes back at her and sneered. He was absolutely sick of her attitude and he was prepared to put her down into her place otherwise it would end up with her being hurt.

"Wouldn't her donating blood be a better option rather for our friends and families being at risk if we don't cooperate?" Rebekah looked towards Klaus with a raised eyebrow who just frowned. He really didn't blame Jeremy for thinking so. After all, he did sacrifice his other family for his curse.

Jeremy looked at her with a tilt of his head, a smirk playing on the edges of his lips. "Plus, it's Elena's body not yours. She can do whatever she wants and you can't say anything against that" he growled. He snapped his fingers and Elena woke up, gasping for breath.

"Wh-what happened?" she asked, confused. Matt shrugged. He really wasn't used to all of this supernatural business. If anything, he wanted to be completely away from these sorts of things but he wanted to help his friends wherever possible.

"Bonnie knocked you out with her magic but Jeremy awoke you again", he explained with a frown. Elena gasped and rushed to her feet, betrayal shining in her eyes. "Bonnie how could you?!" she cried, tears pooling in her brown doe eyes. "You said that you would never use your magic against any of us!" she cried out and Bonnie just sighed in defeat. "I'm not going to let you just hand yourself over to him!" she snapped.

"But what is going to happen if I don't? I just want this whole dumb thing to be over! I can make my own fucking decisions, thanks very much!" her voice increased with volume as she spoke, crossing her arms over her chest. "I'll donate my blood. How much do you want?" she asked somewhat desperately. She understood now. If she didn't comply, people would get hurt. Klaus grinned, his dimples on full display. "Fantastic! Say, what If we do a little experiment?" he smirked, his gaze falling onto Tyler.

At this point, Tyler had gotten up and stood next to Jeremy. He turned towards Jeremy. "When all this was going on," he waved his hand around. "I had a long think about this whole hybrid situation. To be completely honest, this sounds extremely appealing. Breaking my bones every month while turning is extremely painful and this could be my escape," he explained with a serious expression on his face. Tyler was going to take up this opportunity no matter what.

He knew that he was going to say something like this and he was ready to support everything that he did. He couldn't begin to imagine the amount of uncontrollable pain that he went through.

Jeremy listened to what his boyfriend had to say very carefully. "Babe are you sure?" he asked and Tyler nodded. Klaus frowned. "Babe? Am I missing something here?" he asked, looking between the two. Jeremy cursed underneath his breath. Of course he didn't know. "Tyler's my boyfriend," he explained. Klaus was going to open his mouth to speak but Jeremy beat him to it. "The others gave me the talk a couple of days ago so you don't have to" he said with fake cheer. "Others?" Matt asked. "The rest of our siblings," Rebekah explained in a voice that you would use to a small child.

Rebekah narrowed her eyes and stepped up towards Tyler. "Hurt him and I'll end you," she threatened. She understood many times how it felt to be betrayed by the one that you loved and she didn't want the same thing to happen to Jeremy. Tyler nodded his head fervently. "Of course, I would never dream of it" he mumbled. "Great," Rebekah said cheerfully, glad her brother's boyfriend understood. Then she turned towards Elena with an unreadable expression. "Where's my necklace?" she asked. Jeremy prayed that she would answer the question.

"Stefan gave it to me when we dated but I don't have it anymore," she explained, feeling satisfaction when she noticed the flash of jealousy that washed over the blonde Originals' features. She scoffed. "Who has it, doppelganger?" she knew exactly what she was playing at and she wouldn't let this trashy doppelganger have the upper hand. "Katherine has it, I'm telling you the truth."

Elena breathlessly continued to explain. She didn't fancy being knocked out again if she pissed the blonde off. "Huh, it seems like she's telling the truth. But enough of this now," Klaus waved his hand. Too much time was wasted already. Tyler stepped forward, looking Klaus right in the eye.

"I'm ready," he said in a confident tone of voice. Klaus nodded his head, already thinking of how a fine hybrid the young wolf was going to make. Matt spoke up again. "Tyler, you can't do this. I don't want my best friend to be a hybrid" he said, desperation shining in his blue eyes. It was Rebekah that came to his rescue, already approving of her brother's boyfriend. "Listen here ratty blue eyes, if you were in the same situation as him you'd do the exact same thing so hold your tongue" she sneered. Jeremy couldn't help but smirk as the boy visibly recoiled and moved away.

Klaus motioned for Elena to come forward, a syringe in his hand. She took a deep breath and walked forward, standing next to Klaus. He pushed her shirt sleeve up and injected her blood with it. Elena flinched but the sting went after a few short moments. He then put the contents in a vial and then handed it to Tyler. He closed his eyes for a few moments before drinking the vial in one go. After this he would be a hybrid who was no longer a slave to the moon.

"Pray for me guys," he said with a small chuckle when Klaus walked around so that he was behind before snapping the boy's neck as painlessly as he could. He didn't particularly want to inflict more pain than needs be. Maybe he really was becoming soft.

Jeremy flinched when he fell to the floor and he rushed towards him and he made Tyler's head fall into his lap. He was glad that he had blood bags in his bag but he didn't know if it was going to work.

"He killed him," Matt gasped, watching the body of his dead friend in Jeremy's lap. Jeremy rolled his eyes, sick of the jock's comments already. He had a sudden urge to knock him out there and then because he was pissing him off. "He's not dead, he's in transition," he explained in the same tone as his sister who smirked. "He'll wake up soon" he whispered softly to himself. Of course he would wake up. He was so strong.

After a few moments Tyler awoke from the dead with a gasp, his eyes flashing yellow, growling underneath his breath. Matt gasped, watching with a horrified expression on his face. Bonnie just looked queasy at the whole display.

Jeremy gently dislodged Tyler off his lap and onto the floor when Klaus cupped the now hybrids face into his hands and looked into his face. "Hey, hands of my boyfriend," Jeremy snapped but his tone was playful. Klaus just scoffed. "Well, that's a good sign," he said in a pleased tone of voice. "You are now a hybrid, mate" he grinned and fed him more blood which Tyler took and drank it all like a man dying of thirst. "So I'm a hybrid now," he whispered softly to himself. Klaus just nodded his head.

— — —

The first day back was strange. Tyler and Jeremy walked into school hand in hand, not caring about who saw them. They were in love and who was anyone else supposed to say? That they couldn't be in love? The boys just ignored the strange looks that were thrown at them and continued on their way. The rest of Jeremy's brothers insisted that they come along to see where Jeremy was learning but he had run away so fast before they could do anything. He didn't want them to embarrass him on the first day back.

"Happy first day, bub" Tyler said affectionately and kissed Jeremy, not caring about who saw them. He had a beautiful and wonderful boyfriend and he couldn't be happier. He had a shitty time and he deserved to have some happiness in his life. "Happy first day," Jeremy repeated, his eyes shining. He felt so happy. After pining away, he finally had whom he wanted. He remembered how scared he was and he was so happy that he overcame his fears in order to come to terms with his true feelings for the elder teen.

"Who knows what the rest of this year might bring?" he asked with a soft chuckle. Tyler laughed and brought him into another kiss. "Definitely more trouble with the supernatural world" he said with a shit eating grin, making the younger teens heart flip. "No kidding" he said with a playful roll of his eyes and pulled Tyler towards the school. He was going to be ready this time for anything that would come his way.