Jealousy

Author's Note: Posted a picture of the beautiful Keith Powers aka Carter Sanders.

|Chapter 17|

Like most weekends in Pittsburgh, there was a party tonight. It was being hosted by some sorority- Zeta Omega Phi Delta Alpha Beta? Who the fuck knows what it's called, there's basically a billion of the stupid things-no offense to Ally whom had invited me to attend this party.

Ally and I stood, leaned up against someone's car in front of the fairly large, solid white sorority house. I was trying to finish up texting Ace before I walked into the party where I would become too shitfaced to text him back.

I was trying to convince him to come to the party and get him out of his depressed mood.

I texted: Come on, Ace. I promise Jess won't be here, just come hang out for awhile.

Ace texted: I'm just really not feeling up to it, babe. It's only been a few days, let me mope a little longer.

I sighed and texted back: Fine but you can't hide out forever. If you change your mind, text me.

I put my phone in my back pocket and looked up to Ally. Her eyebrows were raised as to say 'well, what's the news?'

I shook my head, "He's still pretty bummed so it's going to be a no tonight. Let's go on in."

Ally pursed her lips, "Poor guy" and started walking toward the front door with me, trailing behind her.

I was faintly curious as to what Carter was up to tonight but I didn't want to seem clingy already and text him. Plus, I needed a girls night, just Ally and I.

But as we opened the door to the house, Carter's whereabouts became quite clear.

Off to the left side of the house was the living room where furniture had been pushed back to make an amateur dance floor. Among the people dancing was Carter, he was grinding up on a beautiful, black girl with a booty like Beyoncé.

I clenched my fists, trying to control the raging jealousy flooding through my body. Did he just meet that girl or was he possibly stringing her along like me or hell, were they in a relationship already?

Ally caught my gaze, muttering, "Oh, shit."

It wasn't a surprise that Carter looked up to meet my eyes, with the way I was staring a hole through him, how could he not see me?

Carter's face turned to the same 'oh shit' expression that Ally had. He immediately stepped away from the girl and fled over to me.

Ally mumbled, "Um, I'll be in the kitchen" and left me alone with him.

Carter simply stated, "I didn't know you were going to be here."

I crossed my arms across my chest, "Hmm." That was obvious, dickhead.

Carter moved forward to grab my shoulders but I took a step back. Carter rubbed a hand over his head and sighed, "Look, don't be mad. It was nothing, it was just a dance."

I scoffed, "More like foreplay before you go off and fuck her in the bathroom probably."

Carter rolled his eyes, "Jesus Christ, Phoenix don't be dramatic. It was a stupid dance! It's not like we're dating, we can still do what we want."

I rose an eyebrow. Oh really?

Carter looked like he instantly regretted what he said, "I..."

I cut him off with a nod, "No no, you're right. We're most certainly not dating. Thank God for that. Have a good night Carter." I began walking away but he grabbed my arm, "Phoenix, wait."