Insecurities

Authors Note: *drum roll* I HAVE FOUND A PICTURE OF WHOM WILL BE PLAYING CARTER SANDERS! His name is Keith Powers, he's on a TV show that I dig right now called "Faking it". I think he's beautiful, if you don't think so then get your vision checked. Lol.

|Chapter 14|

Carter stood up quickly, dusting off his pants. How long had he been waiting outside my dorm? How did he even know where my dorm was? Anger was swelling up inside me. I told him to leave me alone, what could he not understand about that?

Shane looked awkwardly between the two of us but I ignored him for the time being. I crossed my arms over my chest, grumbling, "Are you fucking stalking me? Why are you here?"

Carter stuttered out, "N-no, fuck. I just needed to talk to you." He ran his hands over his head which I noticed he tends to do when he's uncomfortable.

I turned back to Shane, sighing, "I had a nice time tonight but I need to deal with this. So, um, thanks for everything."

I leaned in to give him a hug and he squeezed me tightly against him. Then his lips found my cheek, giving me a slow, long kiss. He finally pulled back, looking at me with concern, "Are you sure you're alright here?"

I could hear Carter huff from behind me. I was so dreading this conversation...

I nodded, reassuringly, "Yeah, yeah. It's fine. I'll see you around."

Shane glanced back at Carter, almost giving him a "watch yourself" look before turning back to me, he smiled, "See ya."

I watched Shane walk down the hallway and enter the elevator with a small wave. I waved back and waited until the elevator doors closed to face him.

I threw my hands up in aggravation turning to face him, "Seriously? What the fuck is there to talk about?"

Carter blatantly ignored my question, still staring off down the hallway, "Were you on a date with that douchebag?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, actually I was."

Carter pursed his lips, he looked angry but I could care less. "You sure do rebound fast."

I retorted, "It's not like that. He's in the military and-"

Carter cut me off, finally meeting my eyes, he roared out, "Oh! He's in the military! A guy in a uniform, protecting the nation! How great! How great for him and you! I'm so happy, really!"

I shouted, "You didn't let me finish! You know what, just forget it. I don't have to explain myself to you."

I started unlocking my door but Carter grabbed my arm, as he sighed loudly.

His voice changed dramatically, becoming softer, "I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, you're right, it's none of my business."

I nodded, continuing to stare at my door.

I froze in my spot, trying to figure out what to do. I finally unlocked the door and muttered, "Well, let's talk. Come in."

I turned on the light, took off my shoes and plopped down on my bed. I pointed toward Kylie's bed that was empty probably due to Samuel, for Carter to sit. Carter set down on her bed, facing me.

He took a deep breath as if he was mentally preparing himself for a speech. Shit, I didn't understand this. He treated me like I meant nothing to him but yet here he was was chasing me down repeatedly. Maybe he enjoyed playing cat and mouse but I didn't.

Carter's eyes met mine and I could feel my heart start thumping away in my chest.

He began, "Look, I'll admit that I hook up and lead on a lot of girls."