#Done

Authors Note: Hello, beautiful people. I finally found a picture of whom I picture Phoenix as, so it's posted. Her name is Lara Raybone and she's a model, she's not very popular in the entertainment world yet but she's gorgeous, right? So what do you think about Jess and Ace together? Unusually paired but I think they're cute. Phoenix might be a tad mad in this chapter. Haha. Enjoy!

|Chapter 12|

The weekend past by far too quickly and my American History class had arrived. I sat down in my usual seat at the very back of the class while students piled in.

I really wished I could just skip class today but I didn't want that asshole to have the satisfaction of knowing I was hurt. He was probably too dense to know either way but whatever, I had to come.

Carter walked in and I swear, I gulped so loud the whole class could hear. He looked hot, wearing an outfit I hadn't seen him wear before. It consisted of a blue, short sleeve button up, black skinny jeans and a snapback that had "Golfwang" written on it. I guess his style alternated between rich, preppy guy to skater guy.

He looked up at me and gave me a big smile. Yeah, he clearly didn't know that I was pissed at him. I dropped my eyes, staring at my desk.

Mr. Sheffield started teaching but it was hard to focus. I kept drifting in and out, thinking about Carter.

He had taken up too much of my important thinking time, I was sick of it. I wanted him out of my head and out of my life. I didn't need all of his mixed signals bullshit.

I saw him glance back at me a few times but I never made eye contact.

After what seemed like an eternity, Mr. Sheffield announced, "Class dismissed."

I gathered up my stuff and waited for the crowd of people to file out of the room.

To my surprise, Carter was leaned up against a wall, waiting on me. Oh great, now he had time to talk to me.

I walked straight past him, not even giving him a passing glance. Carter ended up by my side anyways, "Phoenix?"

I didn't respond, maybe the silent treatment was a bit immature but I didn't think I'd be able to talk to him without screaming.

He called my name again, "Phoenix?"

I rolled my eyes and he grabbed my wrist, forcing me to look at him.

I growled out, "What?!"

Carter's eyes were full of concern. I'm sure he was just so concerned about losing a sex toy.

Carter asked, "What's wrong?"

I bit my tongue, holding back everything I had not to scream, "Nothing."

I tried to walk away but he pulled me back again. He really should've just let me go, he did not want to hear what I had to say to him.

His hazel eyes bored into mine, "Phoenix, what's wrong?"

I couldn't hold back any longer, I screamed out, "What's wrong is I'm tired of your shit! I'm tired of the mixed signals and waiting for your texts! And I most certainly will not put up with getting used for sex and then getting kicked out of your goddamn apartment! You're a fucking selfish bastard!"

There were a few people in the hallway, staring at my outburst but I didn't give a damn. I was enraged.

Carter looked embarrassed. Good, he should be. He mumbled out, "I didn't kick you out."

I yelled, "Oh, piss off!" I flipped him the bird and opened a door to the stairwell. There was no way I was going in an elevator with him. I sped down the seven flights of stairs, cursing to myself.