40? 50? 55?

Author's Note: I posted another picture of the gorgeous, Lara Raybone whom is playing Phoenix. I must warn you, I feel like my writing gets suckier as I continue on with a novel and I've never actually finished a novel, so I'm trying really hard to finish this. I'm aiming for 32 chapters in total, so fingers crossed that I'm able to do it. I will be posting a new novel on my page after this chapter, it's a boyxboy story and if you're interested in that, go check it out! It's called "Love Is Just A Game". Thanks!

|Chapter 20|

Carter had managed to surprise me further by suggesting we post a picture of us together on Instagram and update our relationship status on Facebook. So after making our relationship officially public, this past week had been quite entertaining to say the least.

My friends absolutely freaked out, my tennis team was hysterical and the college was constantly buzzing with gossip.

I could hear the whispers everywhere "How did she get the most eligible bachelor on campus to settle down?" "What's her secret?" "Do you think she's great in bed?" "She's not even that pretty, how did she get him?" "I thought Carter was a manwhore, how did that happen?" "She's so lucky."

I had heard it all; the positive comments and the not so positive comments but I was handling it well. The gossip didn't bother me, the only thing that mattered was that Carter wanted to be with me.

I had to wonder to myself though, how did I manage to change the 'manwhore' into 'boyfriend material'? I had not a clue. Maybe he had gotten bored with just hooking up all the time, maybe he hadn't gotten lonely or maybe he just really wanted to keep me around? I don't know. Whatever the reason, I was happy.

I stood in front of my floor length mirror, smiling like an idiot and twirling around my heart necklace that I refused to ever take off. It was beautiful and I could only imagine that it cost a fortune.

Kylie interrupted my thoughts with a giggle, "Would you stop smiling like that? You're starting to creep me out."

I turned around to face her, "Oh, hush. You know you were the same way when Samuel first asked you out."

Kylie grinned, "Yeah, I guess."

I checked the time on my cell phone, it was 8:32 on a Friday night and instead of spending it with my handsome, new boyfriend. I decided to take the night to be a good friend instead.

Ace was in desperate need of some fun, so he was picking me up here shortly and we were going to a gay bar. Hell, Jess had already moved on (her date with Jade went well and they had already planned for a second date tonight), so Ace should too.

My phone buzzed with a text from Ace:
'I'm outside'.

I threw on a white cardigan, said goodbye to Kylie and took the elevator downstairs.

Ace was parked out front in his car whom he had named 'Frank'. It was a light blue, 1991 Mazda 323 with two doors but was a five seater, you just had to shove the two front seats forward to crawl in the tiny backseat. The car had some wear and tear on it but it was cute and it suited Ace.

I jumped in and Ace immediately whistled, checking me out from head to toe, "Well hello, hot mama. Are you sure we're not trying to pick up guys for you, instead of me?"

I laughed, "No, I'm happily off the market but I figured why not look hot for the gay men. Heaven knows, they're the best fashion critics."

Ace stepped on the gas and sped out of the parking lot with a chuckle, "Very true."

I asked seriously, "How are you doing?"

Ace shrugged. Look wise- he looked amazing. He was wearing a grey, low v-neck shirt that revealed some of his chest hair and some of the tattoo below his left collarbone. He had on a leather jacket over his shirt and a few necklaces hung around his neck. He was wearing his typical dark, skinny jeans and black vans. Plus, he smelled fantastic, probably an off brand of Armani cologne but I was digging it.