The Future

Authors Note: I posted a picture of the hunky Carter Sanders- aka Keith Powers. So, this will be the last chapter (kinda), there will be an epilogue. I honestly had more ideas for this story and an alternate ending but I believe it would just be prolonging the story unnecessarily so I'm just going to end it here. I thank everyone for reading so much, you guys are amazing. Xoxo.

|Chapter 26|

7 days in Cozmuel had flown by all too quickly. We spent most of our time outdoors doing activities: snorkeling, swimming with the dolphins, jet skiing, deep sea fishing, hiking through nature and visiting the museums. We also spent a great amount of time having sex but what else would you expect from Carter and I?

So, it was our last night in Cozmuel and we were spending it at a lovely little seafood restaurant. There was a beautiful meal in front of me but I was paying it no attention. I could only stare at the man before me.

Carter looked incredibly handsome tonight; he was wearing a short sleeved white button up with a navy blue pair of khakis. He almost looked like a sailor, minus the hat. A Rolex watch clung to his wrist and his gold dog tag with my name on it was hanging around his neck.

He was currently cracking a lobster's shell and cutting the meat out of it. I always thought eating lobster involved much more work than I was willing to partake in just to eat it but to each their own I guess.

This past week had been amazing; there had been zero drama, zero fighting and zero time apart. I wouldn't say that he didn't still annoy me sometimes because oh, he did. But there's no one else I'd rather spend my first out of the U.S. vacation with. I wasn't even ready to go back yet, staying here with Carter was like living in a completely different world.

I wouldn't even know how to function when we got back home; we had spent so much time together, I couldn't imagine being apart. Carter was a part of me now.

Carter broke me from my trance, "Are you not going to eat?"

I looked into his eyes, "Oh yeah, sorry. I was just thinking."

Carter rose an eyebrow, "About what?"

I sipped on my glass of water and shrugged, "It's just going to be weird going back to Pittsburgh...not sleeping in the same bed, not being together 24/7. I'll miss it."

Carter stared into my eyes and spoke seriously, "Then move in with me."

I gawked at him. Was he being serious? He just continued staring at me, not speaking. Holy shit, I think he's serious!

I looked down at my hands as I fidgeted in my seat, "Um, wow, way to just spring that on me."

Carter grabbed my hand, "Look at me."

I sighed and forced myself to look at him.

Carter stated, "I would really like it if you moved in with me, Phoenix. Like you said, it'll be weird being apart but we don't have to be, there is another option and that's for you to move in with me. Why not?"

I gulped, "I don't know. Don't you think you need to really think about that some more? I mean, what if I'm a crazy roommate or something?"

Carter rolled his eyes, "I have thought about it and for one, you wouldn't be my roommate, you would be my girlfriend and it would be your home just as much as mine. Secondly, I think I've been around you long enough to know that you're not crazy."

I can't believe Carter fucking Sanders wants me to move in with me. Is he intoxicated? No, he's only had one glass of wine. Shit, I don't know what to say. I mean, is it really that terrible of a proposal? No. Am I scared like hell though? Yes.