Monongahela River

Author's Note: I posted a picture of Keith Powers whom is playing Carter Sanders kissing some blonde girl named Bailey Young on the TV show "Faking It", it's not Lara Raybone aka Phoenix Malone but let's just pretend. Lol. This chapter is a happy one for Carter and Phoenix, so enjoy! Vote & comment!

|Chapter 16|

The next day, I was scrambling to get ready for my date with Carter. He had told me to dress formal which made me even more nervous about my appearance.

I slid on a long, black, silk dress that had a low v-neck and had two strings at the top that tied around my neck like a halter top and it was completely backless. I hoped Carter wouldn't think it was sleazy, I mean it was an elegant dress but it did show some skin.

I had my hair curled and pinned up with a shit load of bobby pins. I wore a bit more makeup than usual, sporting a deep plum colored lipstick on my lips.

I debated back and forth on whether I should wear heels or flats but I had decided on a white pair of 5 inch heels, it would make kissing Carter a whole lot easier. But I packed a pair of flats in my purse just in case.

I packed a white, lace shaw to cover myself at wherever we were going but put on a thick, pink jacket for now, it was freezing outside. I hoped we were going somewhere warm.

Four soft knocks landed on my door and I couldn't stop the wide smile on my face.

I swung open to door to see Carter smiling as well. He was wearing a white button up shirt with a black suit jacket unbuttoned over top of it. He had on a dressy, black pair of slacks and classy black shoes that were so shiny that they'd had to have been polished. He looked stunning, like James Bond in a suit but hotter.

A dozen red roses were held against his chest. I snorted, "You did not buy me flowers."

Carter chuckled, "I did. I thought it'd be romantic."

I shook my head, smiling, "Cute gesture but I'm not a flower receiving type of girl."

Carter shrugged half heartedly, "It was worth a shot."

I grabbed the flowers and set them on my desk. I didn't have a vase to put them in so they'd probably end up dying off in a few days and be a waste of money which was why I wasn't a flower receiving type of girl.

I lightly kissed his lips, "Thank you, though."

Carter handed out his arm for me to grab and I wrapped my arm around his.

He led me down the hallway, not taking his eyes off me. He spoke softly, "You look beautiful, by the way."

A blush crept up on my cheeks and I beamed, "Thank you." I felt like a giddy high schooler being taken to the prom all over again.

We took the elevator downstairs and walked out front to where his car was sitting. I should've expected Carter to have a really nice car but it still surprised me to see a black 2012 Bugatti Veyron. It was beyond beautiful.

I blinked rapidly, sliding my fingers along the hood of the car, "Wow, you really are rich, huh?"

Carter chuckled, "Come on, get in." He opened the passenger door for me and I slid in on the most comfortable, leather seats.

We took off down the road and Carter plugged his phone up to the auxiliary cord; Drake began booming through the speakers. Carter spent the entire drive rapping like a pro and making me laugh. I tried to rap a few times but he just made fun of me saying "white girls can't rap", it was probably true since there weren't any white girls rapping in the music industry but hell, I'd still do it, even if I did suck.