DTR

Author's Note: Hey, hey. I posted a picture of Woody Harrelson as Gregory (the homeless guy) Vote and comment my beautiful readers!

|Chapter 19|

Jess burst through the door of my dorm room, while I was half naked and getting ready for another date with Carter.

I shrieked, trying to cover myself up with a blanket, "Jesus Christ, Jess, have you heard of knocking?"

Jess rolled her eyes, "Oh, don't be such a prude. So I got some amazing news today!"

I continued dressing, sliding on a red skirt. I sighed, "So you heard I broke the bet?"

Jess's eyes bulged out, "You broke the bet?!"

Shit. Way to open your big mouth, Phoenix.

I muttered, "Uh, maybe."

Jess smirked, "Well, that's awesome but no, I have better news."

I turned around to face the blonde haired girl with gleaming, forrest green eyes. Her hands were ever so lightly shaking. Hell, I hadn't seen Jess this excited since she moved out of her aunt and uncles place.

Jess shouted, using dramatic hand gestures, "I'm going on a date with Jade!"

I scrunched my eyebrows together, "Jade? As in the straight, Jade with a boyfriend of two years who works at the tattoo shop?"

Jess nodded eagerly, "Yes, I went down to the shop to get a tattoo and.."

I interrupted, "Oh, what'd you get?"

Jess screeched, "Phoenix, shut up, now is not the time! Anyways, as I was saying, I was down at the shop and Jade came over to talk to me. She informed me that her and her boyfriend had FINALLY broken up. I jokingly commented that I wouldn't mind making her feel better and being her rebound, and she agreed! Phoenix, do you have any idea how long I've waited for this moment? Jade is like my dream girl, she's perfect!"

I smiled, "That's great, Jess. I'm happy for you."

Jess stepped forward, putting her hands on my shoulders and began shaking me like a rag doll, "Oh my god, I can't believe this is happening! Phoenix, you have to help me. I have no idea what to wear or where to take her. God, I haven't been on a date...in well, like ever."

I put my hands on her shoulders to stop her from shaking me, "Okay, first off, you need to calm down. Take a deep breath."

Jess closed her eyes and began breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth. Jess was not the type of girl to freak out, ever. She was always the one with the 'fuck it, who cares, whatever happens happens' attitude, so this was surprising.

I asked, "Alright, now when's the date?"

Jess spoke a bit calmer, "This Saturday."

I seethed, "Ew, I have a game at Louisville on Saturday and I fly out tomorrow."

Jess shrieked, "But Phoenix! I need you!"

I sighed, pausing for a moment to think, "Alright, I'll just come back to my dorm after my date, instead of going back to Carter's and having a night of awesome sex and help you."

Jess' face lit up, "Thank you, thank, you, thank you!" She didn't seem to mind that I was re-scheduling my plans to fit her in but like the saying goes 'bros before hoes' right? I internally giggled at the thought of Carter ever being my hoe.

I grumbled, "Yeah, yeah. Now get out of here, I have to meet up with Carter soon."

Jess began walking toward the door, "Alright. Text me when you're finished."