Chapter 04

{Vote?}

Ek Baar Jo Tham Liya Haath Tumhara..,

Na Hum Khud Juda Honge Or Na Hi Hone Denge...

***

Zoya's POV:--

"Next week, my daughter, Zoya is getting married to my nephew, Mustafa." He smiled, snatching my smile away.

I blink my eyelashes rapidly, still trying to process what my Abba just had said. My eyes were getting glossy. Just then I felt someone's hand on mine, squeezing it. It was Iram, who was looking at me with sad eyes.

"Mubarak Ho!!! Nasreen Aapa aur Ahmed Bhaijaan." (Congratulations!!!) Iram's Mom congratulates my Ammi and Abba.

Just then we heard a loud cup shattering which caught everyone attention and a second later everyone ran towards the source from where the noise came. A gasp escapes my lips when I look at Ayaan. The cup that was Ayaan holding had broken into pieces and some of that pieces were struck on his palm and fingers. His blood was flowing from his hands to the ground.

A single tear slips down my eyes, when my eyes met his. The eyes that were always filled with adoration, care and love for me was now filled with betrayal, anger and disgusted look in his eyes. His jaw was clenched and his face was red indicating how angry he was.

I immediately stand up and was about to go towards him, when Iram grip my arm, halting me. She shakes her head, as if telling me it was not the right now. I realized what she was trying to tell me, as I look around me to see everyone was standing around him.

Iram's Mom was busy picking the pieces of cup with a piece of cloth. While mine and his Ammi were busy pulling out the pieces and were putting haldi (turmeric powder) on his palm to stop the blood from coming. While the males of the family were asking Ayaan if he's alright to which he replied with a broken smile looking at me. Making me take a step back and run inside.

"Yeh Dard Us Dhoke Ke Samne Kuch Nahi." (This pain is nothing in front of that betrayal.)

Ab Kaese Batau Tumhe Ayaan!! Dhoka Maine Nahi....., Taqdeer Ne Hamare Saath Kiya Hai. (How can I tell you now!! I didn't cheat....., But fate has cheated with us.)

***

"Rona Bandh Karo Zoya. Everything is going to be alright." (Stop crying, Zoya.) Iqra tried consoling me.

"No, nothing is going to be alright." I sob, hugging my legs and keeping my head on it.

"Mujhe Yeh Shaadi Ke Baare Mein Kuch Malum Bhi Nahi Tha. Ayaan thinks that I betrayed him. Woh Aesa Soch Bhi Kaese Sakta Hai?" (I didn't even know anything about this marriage.) (How could he even think like this?) I stated angrily, with tears flowing down my eyes.

"Mujhe Nahi Karni Is Mustafa se Shaadi. For god's sake, I had always seen him as my brother all my life." (I do not want to marry this Mustafa.)  I said through my clenched teeth.

All the while Iqra sat by my side, with our back to the bed. As we both were sitting on the ground in her room.

"Zoya, Now what......." She was cut off by someone who slammed open the door and enter the room. That someone was Ayaan Khan, who eyes were red and his both hands were curled into a fist, even the one which was handerchief wrapped around his Palm.

Seeing him, we both stand up. I quickly put the dupatta that was lying on the bed to around my chest. I wipe my tears, all the while ignoring that fact that he was staring at me intently.