Chapter 08

Please do Vote!!!

Jawab Dena Sikho..,

Duniya Khud Chup Ho Jayegi...

***

Third Person's POV:--

Three Years Ago...,

A month later after meeting Ayaan.

All the ladies were sitting on the ground in the living room with a pool of pretty and colorful new dresses in front of them. Trying to buy something, which they could wear on Eid Al-Fitr.

Iqra and Iram who had buyed their designer dresses a week ago, were trying their best to help Zoya in choosing her's. But none seems to caught her attention.

Until the black dress that was beside the vendor, amazed her.

"Uncle, Woh Wala Dekhaae!!" (Uncle, show us that one!!) Zoya exclaims with her eyes sparkling, attracting everyone attention, especially Afifa's, Zoya's the only Phuphi daughter.

The vendor opened the dress fully and splattered it on the ground. And truly the dress was a masterpiece.

Her hands automatically went on the dress, feeling the material beneath her fingers

Her hands automatically went on the dress, feeling the material beneath her fingers. In short, she was captivated by the dress. But she wasn't the only one. Her cousin too was eyeing the dress.

"Good choice. You will look dazzling in it." Winks Iqra in Zoya direction.

"Really?" Zoya asked her with hope, to which Iqra nods.

"Waah Betiya, your choice is quite good. That dress which you are holding is one of the expensive one and is the only piece you will find in Mumbai." Ikbal Uncle, the Vendor said with a warm smile on his face.

"Amma, Mujhe bhi Wahi Dress Pasand Aaya Hai." (Mom, I have also liked the same dress.)Afifa whispers to her Ammi, which surely everyone heard.

"Zoya, Tum Dusra Kuch Le Lo. Ye Wala Afifa Lege. This dress is made for my lovely daughter." (Zoya, you take something else. Afifa is taking this one.) Phuphi Gulnaz said authoritatively.

"But Zoya was the first one who saw that dress." Iram stated the fact loudly.

"Iram, that's between me and my niece." Said Gulnaz Phuphi mockingly.

"Besides, Black isn't something a brown girl like you, should wear. You should buy dress which has light colour." She said with a sly smile, as she eyed Zoya.

Unconsciously, Zoya's hold on the dress loosens, as if that soft material itself burn her. Her once sparkling eyes were now dull and filled with tears. She was once again reminded of her brown skin.