Chapter 28

~ReEcE~

•👻•

Harley's POV

Vixen never came home.

I gulped down my guilt. It's not my fault she got angry, but we should have handled this better—more maturely.

She's possessive by nature, and I know that's not good, but her intensions were pure. Especially after everything that she's been through; you can only expect Vixen to go the extra mile to keep everyone safe.

But she took it too far last night.

She needed to trust me, but she didn't. Leo isn't the enemy anymore; he's definitely not the villain in my story and he shouldn't be in Vixen's. He's helping us, and that doesn't mean that they have to get along, but Vixen needs to understand that it's my choice.

I trust Leo, and Vixen should trust me when I say I trust him.

She's stubborn though. If she doesn't trust him then she doesn't, end of story. There's no way I can convince her, but I sure as hell can try.

Either way, if she learns to trust him or not, she can't sway my decision. I will be with Leo if that's what I want. I have my own choices and my own freedom that she has no right to take them from me—despite her intentions or circumstance.

I won't be dictated by Vixen. She's my sister, no better or worse than me, we're partners, so she needs to respect my choices; simple as.

"What do you mean, she didn't come home?" Jay spat over the phone.

I crashed the moment my head hit my pillow last night, but when I woke up to clear up our...disagreement... Vixen wasn't anywhere. I waited. And waited. I assumed she'd come stumbling in at some point, like she usually does, but nothing.

The mansion was too quiet which only fed my anxiety. I think Vixen forgets that I love just a fiercely as she, so when she didn't come home I felt sick with worry.

"I mean exactly what it sounds like I fucking mean." I pulled the phone from my ear and pressed speaker phone. I threw it on the bed and continued to get dressed.

"Fuck."

"Well you need to help me find her—"

"She could be anywhere! You know vixen, she's unpredictable!"

"Exactly. Thats why we're starting now." I wobbled, pulling up my jeans and buttoning the top.

"Okay. Fuck okay. I- I just..." Jay took a frustrated sigh over the phone but didn't continue.

"Spit it out Jay."

"I just need to find somewhere for Tyler to go."

"Take him with you?"

"He won't like that."

"Why?"

"Well, he hasn't really left the house much lately. I don't blame him; he's been through some tough shit Harley. He's not ready yet."