Chapter 11

RIP to the King💔🕊- Sparrow

•👻•

"Please Vixen?"

We had just gotten back from the cemetery, and somehow Harley felt like she was on cloud 9. Her words not mine. Sometimes I was concerned by how quickly she could go from being depressed to happy in 2 seconds flat.

She had heard news about a race going on tonight from one of her workers at her garage. I thanked the lord everyday she wasn't one of those spoilt rich brats.

I would have probably killed her by now if she was

One of the many things I admired about her was her independence. Her father had given her a trust fund- which she had full access to- but she wanted to make her money. That was admirable, most kids would have relied on their daddies money. Thankfully Dominic had taught her the value of money.

"Vixen? Please come on its been so long since we've been! Only for a little while.." For the past 30 minutes, she had been begging me to go to the race with her. "Hellooooo, Vixen? Oh come on!" She started using her whiny voice when she really wanted something.

It was pissing me the fuck off

"ALRIGHT! Fucking fine! Just quit your whining please." She jumped in surprise at my voice. "Really? Oh my god, thank you! thank you! thank you!" Next thing I knew she stated jumping up and down while hugging me.

"You have three seconds to get off of me, Harley." She immediately let go of me, and took five steps back. "Text me when it's time to go please, I have to attend a meeting right now though."

After the shooting in the club, I immediately contacted my head of security. He had told me some valuable information about what possible reason the bratva could have to be there. It had been a few hours since then, and I had absolutely no idea what to make of all of this.

Jacob would know

It was in times like this, I wish he was here. This was when all the emotions would come crashing down. They would come so hard and fast, without any warning. I knew that you could never truly move on.

How could you possibly move on from that person that was your home? How the fuck can you let yourself feel that way about another person without feeling like you were betraying your loved one? I was utterly infatuated with Jacob and I always would be. He was the one person I truly let my guard down with, the one person I felt safe with. With him I let down my defenses, and let myself relax in his arms. At night when he would hold me, I was completely vulnerable. My mind and body were his to protect during that time.

I was his. Mind, body, and soul

Shaking my head, I got up and made my drink. Most people drank coffee to help energize themselves- I drank whiskey. It was my version of coffee. I was never a wine type of woman, more like whiskey or vodka. I usually took shots of vodka when I needed that adrenaline shot at that moment. At this rate, I would not be surprised if I ever had a liver failure in the future. The amount of alcohol I drank was slightly concerning.

I had about two hours left to grind and get all these emails answered. Managing the mafia and the companies was not as easy as it seems. Every once a while I thought about selling some of the casinos and hotels, but then looked at the profit and decided against it. The money was a major help in both the legal and illegal part of my life.

I fucking hate this shit

•👻•

The revving of engines was the only thing I could hear at the track. We had barely arrived on time, because of Harley. She started freaking about her outfit, and then proceeded to criticize mine.