Chapter 2

Right, so here goes nothing... - Sparrow

•👻•

"I'm going to kill that son of a bitch!"

In all of my 26 years in this world, I have never seen her this mad.  Usually she has her temper under control, something I could never do, but today she lost it.

By the time I got out of my car, Harley was already storming inside. I swiftly walked towards the servant, and handed him the keys. "For every scratch I see, you get a broken bone." I sneered.

"Ye-yes ma'am," he stuttered, and cowered away.

I need a drink.

I watched as he walked towards my black 1967 Shelby GT500. My prized possession, well other than my gun. Having had enough, I started walking towards the mansion, not caring to knock, I walked in. My stiletto's could be heard on the tile floor, echoing throughout the house.

"How could you not tell me?! He is—was—just as much my father as he was yours!"

"I apologize, Harley. But if you haven't noticed yet, I am busy."

"BUSY? DAMN IT JACOB!" At that point I had drowned out the yelling, a skill that proved to be very useful right about now.

Keeping a blank expression on my face, I walked towards the shouts and stood in the corner of the room. This was not a normal fight, I had seen the Santiago siblings fight like dogs, even go as far as to hitting each other. But this—was something I had never seen before. Harley had mascara running down her face, while Jacob just sat their with an annoyed expression his. For a split second I saw the regret in his eyes, but it was gone the next second. 

I would kill for some vodka right now.

"Fuck you." That was that I heard before the door slam shut.

"She hates me, fuck."

No shit Sherlock.

"Can you blame her?" I said clenching my jaw. Walking towards the liquor cabinet, I poured two shots of vodka. Jacob watched my every move, as I downed both shots. The slight burning down my throat, I strolled over to where he was sitting. Putting one hand on his armrest, I leaned forward and gripped his chin in with the other. His eyes were closed, but the crease between his eyebrows suggested he was conflicted.

Fuck he looks hot.

"Look at me." He opened his eyes, and they darkened with lust. I watched him as he licked his lips, and his eyes dart back between my eyes and lips. "Let her cool down, then talk to her. I suggest you choose your words wisely." I spat with anger slipping from my tongue. He slowly nodded, and I saw his eyes darken. Putting both hands on my waist he drew me closer, until our foreheads touched. I straddled his lap and put my head on his shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell her?" I was just as curious as Harley to know the reason as to why her brother decided to hide this information from her. They were extremely close, never being able to keep secrets from one another.

"I can't look her in the eye and tell her that her dad died protecting his son. I'm the reason she doesn't have a father anymore!"

I hugged him, knowing nothing else will help him believe it wasn't his fault. He must want to believe it himself, only then will he get rid of this guilt. I could feel him slowly relax beneath my touch. Jacob had never been one for physical touch, however when it was me he would always crumble.

He trusted me.

Picking my head up from his shoulder, I looked into his bloodshot eyes. His usual green eyes, were now filled with guilt and sadness. One lone tear fell as he closed his eyes, hiding his grief from me. "Let yourself feel Jacob, don't close yourself off." I wanted him to know that he wasn't alone, I wasn't going anywhere. He just simply hugged me tighter and hiding his head between my neck. My brown locks had created a curtain around us, from the outside world, from the pain. In that moment it was just him and I. I put my hand on his tanned cheek and felt him lean into me. "You will be alright, maybe not now, but eventually it will pass."

Hypocrite!

I knew what grief could do to a person. How much it could destroy your soul, making you feel numb. I knew that feeling all too well. It could eat you alive slowly letting you drown in your thoughts. I didn't want that for him, he deserved so much better than me. I could never understand why he insists on being with me. I was never taught how to show my emotions, in fact it was the exact opposite; only the weak cry. Despite all of my flaws, he somehow managed to see something that I could never see.

"Thank you my love," I could hear him pour all his emotions into the last word. Love

I responded the only way I knew how; I kissed him. Feeling his soft lips against mine, I knew I could never let someone hold me as he does, let someone kiss me like he does.

He has my heart.

And that's dangerous.

Breaking the kiss, we just sat in silence. Seeking comfort in the fact that we had each other. Forever and always.

•👻•

Vixens car

Santiago Mansion

Santiago Mansion

Umm so idk how to feel about this😭 but yea ig that's my part