☆1☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter One.

"Em, I swear to God I get a foodgasm each time I eat one of these. Damn, you're good" Patrick, my very good friend says, moaning at the pink icing cupcake he is devouring.

"Thank you very much for your compliment Patrick, but that's your second box in the past fifteen minutes, I don't believe it is that good for you to want diabetes" I say and he chuckles, shoving half a cupcake into his mouth.

"It would surprise you" he says through a mouthful.

"Ew Patrick. Have some manners" I joke, knowing it is something he does all the time.

"Hello, Goodmorning" another customer says, and I leave Patrick to attend to her.

"Hi" I say with a bright smile "What can I get you?"

"A cup of cappuccino coffee and one slice of cheesecake and another slice of red velvet" she says and I nod.

"Please give me a few minutes" I say to her, smiling at her son.

I make a cup of cappuccino coffee in less than five minutes, and package one cheesecake and red velvet, adding three cupcakes just like the one Patrick was devouring for her little boy.

"Here you go. I added some sweet there for this cutie" I say, pinching his adorable cheeks.

"What do you say baby?" She asks, staring at him with so much love.

"Tenkew" he says and I smile so wide my face hurt.

"Aww. How old is he?"

"Three"

"He is adorable. Have a lovely day and hope to see you again"

"Definitely" she says and pays off, before leaving.

Seeing the little boy has me remembering the pregnancy scare I had three years ago just before my very potential relationship ended. I've always been that kind of girl that wanted to wait till at least I met the right person, and for me, Sebastian was that right person. He was everything I ever wanted in a man, and a man he truly was. But sometimes some things aren't meant to last, and my relationship was one of them, no matter how painful.

"Hey boo what you thinking about?" Patrick asks and for a moment I forget he's even here.

"Just the relationship with my ex"

"You really miss him don't you?" He asks, his expression sober

"Sometimes, yes. But mostly I miss what we had. Other times which is eighty percent most times, I ask myself why he didn't let me explain or why he didn't believe that I loved him too much to cheat on him. I mean I would have allowed him to explain if the roles were switched but I guess it is not always pink like you see it"

"Where do you think he is right now?" He asks and I shake my head in laughter.

"Now that is something I don't want to think about"

But by now, I believe he has already taken over his father's wine company, bringing in billions and big contracts because he was always that smart. I used to get so giddy when he would tell me that I was his muse and his inspiration to study hard and work hard, so he could give both of us a better life in the future. But here we are, in the future, without him here.