☆20☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Twenty.

At first I didn't know what I was fighting for. I didn't know if I had the right even. I had lost a beautiful relationship with the only man I have ever loved, and Sara didn't even hesitate to swoop in to take my place.

I couldn't help but fall in love.

Bullshit. More like she couldn't wait to kick me out, blackmail my man and take my place.

She has done enough. Her time is up. Now is the time for me to truly take what belongs to me.

I now understand what Amy really meant, and she should bet that I am going to work on it.

My phone rings, and that breaks the chain of my thoughts. I fidget around, before my hands land on it.

Sara

"Hello Em"

"Sara. How are you? Your bump coming along well?" I ask, staring at my nails

"You didn't even congratulate me before you left that day Em, what kind of friend are you?"

The nerve.

"I'm sorry Sara. I had a cold a few days ago so I was on bed rest, kind of"

"How are you feeling now?" She asks over the phone, sounding so sincere that it scares me a fraction. I always knew that Sara had tricks up her sleeve, but to blackmail a man to marry her and betray me like this, is one thing I never imagined. She is always flaunting her beauty, so much that it surprises me she has to manipulate a man to marry her, and not just any man, but my ex-boyfriend.

"I'm fine."

"Guess what?"

"What babe?"

"I just spoke to Sebastian and the event planner for the wedding, I pushed the date forward"

"Wait- for the wedding?"

"Yes! It's in four days now"

What the actual-?

"Wow! That is excellent news"

Not!

"I know right. My baby is growing so fast inside me. I want a perfect wedding where the bump is not protruding from the dress. So it is best that I push the date forward, and Sebastian being the loving man that he is, agreed"

As if he has any choice.

"Wow. This is great news Sara"

"I know. Oh Em, I have to get going, talk to you later?"

"Sure, babe" I say and hung up, and immediately dial Sebastian's number

"Hey sugar" he greets in a slow voice and I smile

"Are you okay?" I ask in concern.

"I woke up this morning and I realised I'm down with a flu"

"You idiot. I told you not to kiss me that day" I say and he chuckles

"I would really like to kiss you right now, but then I care for you too much and I don't want you to get sick again. You looked miserable the last time" he says in a silky tone, one that he is not even trying to use, and it sends a strong sensation throughout my whole body.

God, just his voice alone and I come undone.

"Thank you very much Seb, way to make a girl feel good." I hear his chuckle

"Anyway, I called you because I have just received some shocking news"

"What news? Is everything okay?"

"Well, I can't say for sure. Sara just informed me like ten minutes ago that you guys have shifted the wedding date closer"

"She has shifted the wedding day closer, and apparently I couldn't do anything about it. I tried telling her that we have already sent out invitations and that we should maintain the same date, but she seemed so persistent to shift it forward, so I just had to let her. I still wonder why she is so eager for us to get married so soon"

"Probably because she wants you tied to her faster before everything blows up in her face, which it will. Soon"

I hear a few shuffles before he responds, "What do you mean?"

"I mean that Sara cannot be so careful. And so surely she has to make a mistake. Especially since she has brought the wedding day forward, she will be in a rush, and that will surely mess something up. We have to take advantage of that and pin her to the spot. That wedding must not push through Sebastian, especially under such conditions" I say the last part slowly.

"I also don't want it to push through, and Chris said the same thing."

"Can you send me his number? I have a plan, and I'm sure he will be able to help me out"

"Really?"

"Yes. Sara didn't give me the new date, but how soon is the wedding?"

"Its in three days" he responds in a frustrated tone.

Three days???

I thought she said four.
The sneaky little bitch.

"Well, shit!"

"I know. I'll send you Chris' number, in the meantime keep me posted on whatever that happens"

"Of course. Now you get some rest. I'll take some time and pay you a visit if and when I can"

"I would love that. Thank you and have a lovely day, sugar"

"You too Seb" I say with a small smile on my face and hung up the call.

Three days?

Sara is planning something else. I'm sure of it!