☆17☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Seventeen.

Sebastian's POV

"You have to stop pacing up and down so much bro, you are making me dizzy" Chris says and I shoot him a dirty look

"Well I'm sorry, it's not my fault I find myself in such a fucked up situation"
"Yes. Yes, it is. If you hadn't proposed to Sara and agreed to marry her, none of this would have happened. What propelled you to even do that anyway? Sara? Of all people? Seriously? Your ex-girlfriend's bestfriend at that" he says and I flinch at the last statement, knowing he is right.

It is my fault that I am in this situation. I should have never agreed to marry Sara, but she had me wrapped around her finger, so there was nothing I could do about it. It was my happiness or that of my family's. And I wasn't ready to risk it.

"What are you going to do now bro? You are still in love with Emerald. Fuck that, you never even got over her"

"Something happened between the both of us" I say and his eyes widen in recognition

"You two had sex?" He questions and my failure to answer gives him the answer he needs. "Well shit. And now Sara is pregnant with your child. Again, bro, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. Shit!" I snap, punching my fist into the wall next to me, trying to let out my rage.

"Sebastian, what was the true reason you decided to marry Sara? Because I don't understand, upon all women, your ex-girlfriend's bestfriend? Why Sebastian, why?"

"Because she threatened me okay! She threatened me. She had evidence that my father is cheating on my mom. And I don't know how the hell she got her hands on such an information. I spoke to my dad about it and it was a one time thing that he regrets so much, but can't bring himself to tell mom because he doesn't want her to feel hurt over something that is past and he regrets and he isn't going to do again. You know how my parents have always had the happy, loving and disgustingly sweet relationship. No matter how many times I cringe when I see them kissing, I cannot handle the fact that such an information is going to tear my family apart. I have a little brother Chris, do you think the boy can handle a separation between his parents and a broken family right now? Exactly! No. So it was my happiness or theirs. And I chose to sacrifice for them"

"Wow..." is all he says, shocked.

"Yes, wow. All that was going well until Emerald had to come back and one look at her and I came undone. My only mistake was letting her go that night. Accusing her. And allowing myself to sleep with Sara when she came to comfort me and tell me how much of a slut her bestfriend was. I was drunk and still believed that Emerald had cheated on me."

"Sara is clearly not what she seems"

"No she is not. She is not at all what she seems. I am even surprised she decided to invite Emerald to her wedding, knowing fully well the way she spoke of her that evening" I pause, taking a deep breath and trying to not tear my hair out "Honestly bro, I don't know what I am doing as of this point. But one thing I know for sure, is that I am irrevocably in love with Emerald, and I cannot stop myself"

"Well bro, from what you are telling me, Sara is a snake, and she is manipulative. She has to have made a mistake along the way. If we can find that mistake, we can bring her down and you can have your freedom and be with Emerald" he says and I nod

"I agree. I don't think she is that careful."

All I need is one slip up from you Sara, just one.

☆•☆

"Hey, mom" I greet, pecking her cheeks as I sit with her at the dining table.

"Where's Dad and Jack?" I ask, not seeing my little brother or father anywhere in sight.

"They are out to watch these football games of theirs"

"Ouch, and they didn't think to invite me?" I ask amusedly, biting into a drumstick fried chicken.

"It is not like you are always around anyway son. If you are not handling your company, you are getting ready for your wedding. That reminds me to ask, are you really sure you want to marry this Sara girl?"

"Uh... yes mom. Why?" I ask tentatively.

Does she know something?

"There is something just off about her. And you don't seem as in love with her as you were with Emerald when you were together" my mom says and I grab a glass of water.

Emerald and I used to come spend the time here in my parent's house during the holidays when we left college for a few days. She didn't like going back home often because of her step mother and step sister, especially when her father was out of town or the country for business. My parents had gotten to used to her being around, and Jack just adored her.

"Who is she really anyway?"

I laugh, "Mom I've brought her up countless times. You are now remembering to ask who she is? I have even brought her over on a few occasions"

"Well I want to be sure you know what you are doing"

"She is Emerald's bestfriend" I say and my mother shrieks in surprise

"WHAT?!" She screams, slapping her palm on the dining table which is made of glass. "Sebastian Louise Valetti, are you crazy? How can you be so cruel?"

"Mom I've had a few conversations with Emerald and she is okay with it" I say even though I know that is bullshit. No one is ever going to be okay with such a thing. Even I am not okay. How much more her.

"I don't believe that. And you better fix this. If you have to call off the wedding, then do so! I cannot have you hurt that young innocent woman"

Someone swallow me now!