☆10☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Ten.

I dab my face with makeup, getting ready for tonight's ball. Apparently, the ball Sara kept talking about for weeks is finally here. It is such a damn shame that I do not have a date to accompany to this ball, but if anything, I am more excited to meet Sara's fiancé.

I take off my robe, looking at myself in the hot red La Perla lace matching underwear that I love so much. It makes me feel bold and it is definitely my favourite. It gives me a pep in my step.

Once my robe is hanged, I take my dress for tonight and slip it on. I stare at myself in the mirror in awe, it is beautiful. It has been a very long time since I took care of myself and looked this good.

The dress is simple, but classy. The bodice is designed in a bralette style, with a full circle skirt, with a high leg split and a sequin star embellished net to finish it off.

I straighten my hair from the curls they put it in yesterday in the saloon and put it into a high ponytail

Luckily for me, I got the perfect star shaped earrings jewelry to go with the dress. I put on a heart bracelet on my right wrist and take my clutch, but not after spraying my perfume.

"Damn girl, you look hot hot hot" I say to myself, adding a wink and a kiss before moving away from the mirror.

"Oh my, darling you look lovely. Where are you going this evening?" Dad asks when I get downstairs, watching News in the living room. If there was one thing I enjoyed the most, it was the built-in television screen Dad decided to add to the house.

"Hey Dad" I greet and peck him on the cheek. I haven't had time to spend with him all day, and now I'm going out. "Sara is holding a ball, I guess you could say more publicity for her wedding..." I say, trailing off

"Well make sure to have fun, okay. Lots and lots and lots and lots of fun."

"I'll surely do Dad" I chuckle, before leaving him to it.

☆•☆

"Em! You came" Sara gushes, striding towards me in her emerald strapless ball gown with a sweetheart neckline.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss this for the world. You look amazing" I compliment, pulling her into a hug

"I am so excited for this ball" she says and I grin

"I can tell. I have never seen you this happy"

"I guess when you have the right man by your side, everything is possible" she says with a wink and I can't help but chuckle.

"I can only agree with you when I meet my right man"

Her smile dims a little, but I ignore it, because maybe it is just me.

"Excuse me, I have more guests to greet" she says and I nod.

The ball room looks beautiful, decorated with green and black theme- well I guess I'm off colour but no one told me this had a theme, or maybe it is because I didn't read Sara's email details for more than just a few seconds.

Either way, I am here and that is what matters.

"Emerald. Who would have thought I would get to see you here of all places, and today of all days" a familiar voice says behind me, and I turn to see Chris, Sebastian's best friend.

"Chris? What are you doing here?" I ask, pulling him into a hug even though I am perplexed. Chris and I always got along so well during the time Sebastian and I were in a relationship, but after that ended, we have never been in contact. I guess you can say he knows where his loyalty lies.

"That is the same question I have been meaning to ask you Emerald. Care for a glass of wine?"

"Of course. Thank you. Lead the way" I say to him and together we walk to the drink bar

"Red?"

"Yes please."

"I didn't think this would be your scene"

"What are you talking about?" I ask in confusion, staring at the Chris who hasn't changed so much over the years.

His ginger red hair is just the way it has always been, although tonight he has gelled it backwards, looking neat in a dark blue suit that fits him perfectly and leaves no room for space.

"I guess after how everything ended three years ago, it would be a little hard for you to accept everything, but since you are here, I guess you have really moved on"

I shake my head in confusion, trying to understand what he means, "Chris, I am not getting you"

"What I mean to say is-" his statement is cut off by a voice that sounds through the mic from the stage.

"And now let us invite the bride and groom to be, the honour of this ball, Ms. Sara Solso and Mr. Sebastian Valetti"

My shock is very much evident on my face as I whip around to face the stage, and truly, standing there is the only man who has ever had my heart and soul, Sebastian Valetti.

The glass in my hand slips through my grip, and lands on the floor in a crash, causing the contents to splash on my dress and shoes, but I can't seem to care, because I am too surprised, too shocked, too speechless.

Sebastian and Sara?

No no no. This can't be. This can't be possible. This cannot be happening. I cannot believe this.

Will they betray me like this? Will they do such a thing to me? Will Sara risk our friendship like this?

I can't seem to find my voice, as our eyes meet, and I see the shock flash in his. But at least I am able to find my feet, and I speed past everyone, leaving the ball room and heading out to be able to breathe some air so that I do not collapse.

They would not do this to me now would they?

The sound of Sebastian speaking from inside only makes this more real, and I can't help but let the tears flow, tears I have vowed to never let out again.

A/N:

The story has only just began.

What do you think is going to happen next?

Please Vote ☆, Comment & Share.

- Sam.