☆15☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Fifteen.

Flashback

"Hey baby what's wrong?" Sebastian asks, entering our apartment. He walks over to the couch I'm currently occupying, and pecks my lips.

"I don't know. I have been throwing up since morning. I wasn't even able to make it to class. I think I ate something, I think it's a stomach bug"

"Well then we should get you to the hospital"

"Don't worry so much love" I say, leaning over to plant a chaste kiss on his lips "It is probably nothing"

"Are you sure? Maybe it is just some pre-menstural symptoms?" He asks and my eyes go wide, and I'm pretty sure all blood has drained from my face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks but I am not listening.

I bolt up from the couch, and hurry to our bedroom. The date I've circled on the calendar is 25th. But today is 27th.
My period-

"Your period is late" he voices out the thought in my head and I start to panic.

"Babe, babe, babe, calm down." He says, holding my shoulders "I will just get you a pregnancy test from the store and you can check, you just need to calm down. Whatever the results are, we are both in this together and I love you and I will take full responsibility. I don't regret anything" he says and I nod slowly, my breathing slowing down.

"I- I keep a box of the test in the drawer" I say and walk to the bathroom, shoving out the box of Pregnancy test in front of me. I take two of it and pee on them, not bothering whether or not Sebastian is right here, the most important thing is the result.

I set the timer and wait and wait and wait. Ten minutes feels like a thousand years, until I see the both tests read the same thing.

Negative.

"I guess this is a good thing" I say, relieved "You seem disappointed" I say to Sebastian, amused

"No no baby no. I am not disappointed. I guess I was just ready for whatever that came up. Whether or not you are pregnant, I'll always be by your side" he says, capturing my lips in a sweet and sensual kiss.

"How many kids do you want though?" I ask when we pull apart

"I think a whole soccer team is good enough for me" he says and I slap his chest

"You are crazy. Who is going to be pushing those babies out?" I ask and he laughs

"Sex with you is amazing, especially when I'm bare" he says, tracing a finger down my arm

"Bare is what got us in this position, you have to be more careful Seb" I say, using the nickname that only I have a right to use, because he hates it when others use it.

"Yes. I will be. For now. But once we are married, I won't stop. I will take you like the animal that I am" he says and I can't stop laughing.

"Get off me you horny asshole" I say and he pecks my lips, chuckling.

Present

It was the first time we had a pregnancy scare, and it was the last. As promised, he protected himself since then, more because I asked him to, if it were up to him, he was ready for anything.

And I think that is what I adored most about him, how selfless he was and how much he respected our relationship to know that it wasn't just him but the both of us, so he always did the right thing.

It wasn't the first time we had a conversation about the future though, Sebastian subconsciously mentioned our future in most of our conversations. How he couldn't wait to marry me and make me his officially for the whole world to see how lucky he was- his words, not mine.

I wipe the tears from my face.

That should have been me. I should be the mother of his children. His confidant. His best friend. His lover. His wife, but someone has already taken that position, and there is nothing left for me.

It is not like I can fulfill any of those wishes anyway.

"Emerald" his smooth voice calls from behind me, and I don't turn to look at him.

"Congratulations" I say simply, now turning to give him a small smile.

"I uh... just realised that we didn't use...

"You have nothing to worry about when it comes to that area Sebastian. You are not going to have to worry about two women giving you babies at the same time"

"That is not what I meant-

"Forget it, really. It doesn't matter."
"So I'm guessing you are on the pill?" He asks, coming closer

"What good is that information going to do for you?"

"I just want to be sure. I know the last thing you need is-

"You don't know anything Sebastian!" I snap "You have never known anything. All you do is assume. You are always assuming. Your assumptions are what cost us our relationship"

"I'm sorry"

"Your apologies are worth nothing because they can't fix anything." I say and look out to the dark sky littered with beautiful glittering stars "You remember the first time we had a pregnancy scare?"

He chuckles softly at the memory he has recalled, "How could I ever forget?"

"I was so sure I could give you kids back then, whenever we were ready for them at least. But now, I can't. It won't ever happen for me" I wipe away the tears that slip "So there is nothing for you to worry about. You should be thankful that at least Sara is able to give you what I can't"

"Emerald what are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the fact that I am barren now and cannot have kids!" I raise my voice slightly "I cannot bear children."

"Emerald..." he trails off, moving closer to me

"I am in no need of your pity Sebastian. I only told you so that you won't have to worry about me being pregnant. I am very well aware that you are not ready for my burden" I say and walk away, leaving him standing there.

☆•☆

I enter Sara's room, needing to wash my face and put myself together before I head home. I'm physically and emotionally drained.

I get out of her bathroom before my eyes catch something that is behind the barely open closet doors.

I enter, before seeing silicon fake baby bumps.

Huh? Why would Sara keep something like this?

She has each one for every stage of her pregnancy, and I can't help but wonder what she would be doing with such a thing.

But knowing Sara, she probably has them for dress fitting.

She is capable. She may want to know what dresses to buy and what will fit with each stage so that she gets prepared. I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, that is just what there is to it.

A/N:

Is that really all there is to it though?

Let me know what you think

Please Vote, Comment & Share.

Until next chapter lovelies,
- Sam.