☆7☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter 7.

Sara and I part ways when she drops me off at my father's mansion and leaves with a last hug from me. Another wave of nostalgia hits me when I look at the blue and grey building standing tall and proud. It was a beautiful house then and even looks more beautiful now, but I would always be grateful for the chance that I got to leave this place when I did, because I don't know what my life would have been had I still lived here. It may sound like an exaggeration, but until your father marries a woman who isn't your mother and shows you pure hatred that you have never experienced before, you may not understand.

The gates opens for me without hesitation when the security guard realizes who it is.

"Mr Moore" I greet, happily running into the arms of the man who always helped me sneak out when I needed to get away from the evil stepmother. If there is one thing my father is extremely good at, is keeping his employees and having a wonderful friendship with them. They don't cross their limits, and he is not afraid that they might disrespect him because he has given them too much leverage, and they love the man, he pays them well, and everyone is happy.

"I can't believe my eyes. Miss Emerald, you look extremely beautiful." He says, using the name he always used when I was here. The man has too much respect that when I told him to stop calling me 'Miss' because he is like my father, he ignored me like he had not heard and repeated it in his next sentence. At one point I began to love it and took it as a nickname and made it known to him, and he hasn't called me otherwise since then.

"Oh you flatter me Mr Moore. I might have to warn your wife, your kids might just get a second mom if you keep up with this" I say to him and he barks out a laugh, a wide grin on my face from watching him. He looks so happy.

"Is my father treating you well?"

"Ah Miss Emerald, you know your old man, he treats us more than well"

"You're right about that"

"I'm happy you are back Miss Emerald. We need another person to bring some colours to this place"

"I think the fact that this isn't a white mansion shows that we are full of colours enough" I say with a smile, pointing to the house.

"Oh dear, your father hasn't had that sparkle in his eyes ever since you left. He pretends as if he's happy but he's truly not. Not without his daughter by his side."

"Oh is he okay?"

"Oh he is fine. There is no need for you to worry too much. He just needs to have his little girl around again, after all, you are his favourite child" he says and I chuckle.

"He was planning to come visit you in England, but he hasn't decided yet, and I know he will be surprised to see you. I suppose that is why you didn't tell him?"

"You know me too well Mr Moore" I reply, addressing him formally because it has become our thing.

"Anyway, I will let you go on and have some rest. I hope you stay for long though"

"Oh I will. I'm here for a friends wedding, so I'll be a while"

"Good" he says and I give him one more hug before heading inside.

The moment I enter and I see my nanny Esther, readjusting an antique flower vase on one of the stands in the wide living room, I can't help but ran to her and crash her in a strong hug. Hugging Nanny Esther ignites the feeling of having a mother all over again, and tears well in my eyes from how much I love her. Aunt Rose has been nothing short of amazing with me, but Nanny Esther is the one who raised me.

"Oh my baby" she coos, hugging me back twice as hard, and I'm full on sobbing now.

"Oh dear what is the matter?"

"I just miss you so much Nanny Esther. How have you been doing? Who's the lucky guy Nanny? You look so beautiful"

"One question at a time my dear girl. I am the one suppose to be telling you how beautiful you look, you have grown into such a beautiful young woman since the last time I saw you my dear girl. You are much more of a woman now"

"Oh Nanny Esther" I laugh with a blush creeping my my neck and cheeks, wiping the tears away "I'm not as beautiful as you proclaim me to be"

"You underestimate your beauty too much dear."

"I have missed you so much Nanny Esther" I say, wrapping arms around her again.

"I have missed you so much too my dear girl"

"Oh would you look at that, the pathetic reunion" a voice says and I immediately recognize it as Hannah's.

There stands my step mother, in all her attitude glory, her hair curled and put in the perfect bun that is too painful to look at. Her wide lips are painted with the fiercest red lipstick, the colour of her tainted soul. Her tall figure walks towards me, where Nanny Esther and I stand, and she folds her arms over her narrow waist when she is at least five feet away from me.

"Why didn't you call before coming?" She asks and I laugh. I burst out laughing so hard I'm pushed to tears.

"Do I look funny to you young lady?"

I wipe the corner of my eyes before speaking, "You might as well be, I didn't know you were this hilarious. Since when did I have to call before coming to my own house Hannah? For what I know, you should be glad you still stay here, after all, you wouldn't have stepped a foot here without my permission, believe it or not, so don't flatter yourself" I say and step around her, heading for the stairs.

"Just because you are back doesn't mean you get to have a smart mouth"

"And just because you are my father's wife doesn't mean I have to put up with your disrespect or you for that matter. I am back Hannah, and I am back for long time. So I suggest you swallow that pride of yours, because it has nothing to show" I say to her and pass Nanny Esther one more smile, before heading for the stairs.

Halfway and I meet her, Nicole.

"Oh sweet sweet Nicole, always looking as productive as ever" I put on a bright smile

"Just when I started to cling unto hope that you disappeared forever"

"Everytime you and your mom stepped out for those crazy diet things you do, I hoped for that too. But guess what? I am looking at you right now and still hoping, so I suggest you do same" I flash her a wink

"Get out of my way Emerald"

"I'm glad you remember my name. And as for your request, if it happened that way, you would have left this house long ago. So I suggest you step out of my way, because I am sick and tired of you and your mother claiming what isn't yours, and showing me no ounce of respect in addition" I say to her, my smile dropped and she steps out of my way.

"That's what I thought too. I knew you and I would get along this time around, Nic" I smile at her again and climb up the rest of the steps.

Oh God, give me a heart to deal with these people.

A/N:

Emerald is back and you have finally met Hannah and her daughter, and I think this time Emerald is back to handle them and handle them well.

How did you like this chapter?

Please don't forget to click the ☆

Thank you for reading!