☆6☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter 6.

"Here you go dear, at least you have something to eat when you get hungry" Aunt Rose says, handing me a lunch box that contains a handsome portion of the sherpherd's pie she baked this morning.

"Oh Auntie, you are a blessing" I say with a smile, getting up to give her a hug. "I'm definitely going to miss your cooking for sure"

"At least you will come back soon" Georgie says, descending the stairs

"Of course. I can't live more than a few months without you guys"

"And mama you tell me I exaggerate" she says with a laugh

I finish the breakfast I'm having, an omelette with melted cheese and onions, sardines and tomatoes, along with a cup of coffe.

My phone beeps with a text.

Patrick:
I'm right outside

I send a quick reply back and lock my phone, before reaching for my luggage and purse.

"Okay guys. Time for me to go. Group hug" I say, extending my arms wide open to accommodate what has become my family, with the exception of Uncle Sam because he has already left for work.

"Don't miss me too much"

"Don't flatter yourself Georgie" I giggle and kiss her on the cheek. I do same to Aunt Rose before leaving the house.

"I thought I wasn't going to see you again before you left. Andrea told me she had the opportunity to say goodbye and I'm like "Nah ah, my drunk ass ain't gonna let me miss all the goodbyes and shit", so here I am" he says and I chuckle, Andrea chuckling along.

"You came?" I turn to look at her

"I wouldn't miss a last chance at a good hug and a good bye" she says with a wink.

I'm going to miss these people.

☆•☆

Arriving in Seattle is like a breath of fresh air, and nostalgia hits me like a storm. It has been three years since I left this place. Three years since I left and never looked back, and I am happy to be back, even if it's only for a short while. I grew up here, through my puberty and my teenage years. I can walk through the streets and navigate it like the back of my hand. Seattle is all I've ever known.

I see Sara arrive in her car, checking the car number she texted me with because according to her, she doesn't have the time to get down and look for me.

"Em!" She squeals so loud, squeezing me in a hug.

"I m-missed you t-too Sara, b-but I c-cant breathe" I choke out and she immediately lets go off me.

"Oh sorry"

"How have you been?" I ask and she doesn't say anything, revealing the diamond princess cut engagement ring on her left finger, as if that is suppose to answer all my questions.

"Congratulations on that again"

"Thank you Em! I am so excited. It is actually the reason why I came to get you, to let you in on all the events that will come up before the Big Day!"