☆16☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Sixteen.

"Hey peanut are you alright?" Dad asks, entering my room and I smile.

"Dad, I am not as small as I used to be when I was a child" I chuckle slightly, before blowing my nose for the umpteenth time today.

"Oh I can see that alright. I can very much see how grown you are. You are a woman now, but that won't ever stop me from babying you" he says and I grin, before it disappears from my face.

"Hey what is wrong?"

"You remember when I used to attend high school and you told me that mom was living closer to the school?" I ask and he nods "I sometimes used to wonder what it would take from her if she came to see me just once. And it is not like she didn't know I was going there, she knew. Very much so. But she didn't even bother to step there once to ask me how I was doing. Does she hate me that much?"

"Oh no dear, your mother doesn't hate you-

"No, Dad. Nothing would convince me otherwise. If she truly loved me as a mother loved her daughter, she wouldn't have left me at your doorstep. Not that I regret the relationship you and I have built over the past years, but it just hurts, you know?"

"I understand, dear. I really understand" he sighs "That is why I married Hannah, so that at least she could be a mother figure in your life, because she was nice"

"Yes. Nice when she had not yet married you. But after she experienced the power that came with marrying a rich man, she treated everyone else like dirt."

"I'm sorry"

"There is nothing to be sorry for, Dad. It is just that Hannah has never been a mother figure to me. Look at Nanny Esther, she is the one that took care of me ever since I was a little girl" I say and dad nods, a small smile playing on his lips "And then there is Aunt Rosetta, who fed me and kept me under her wing ever since I went to London three years ago"

"I guess one day our choices all come back to us" he says and I laugh, blowing my nose again

"I should get going to work. I will tell Nanny Esther to make you some chicken soup and green tea so that you feel better"

"Thanks dad"

"See you later peanut" he winks before leaving my room.

☆•☆

"Yes yes yes auntie, please don't kill me" I chuckle lowly "A lot of things have been happening over here that is why I have not been able to give you a call"

"I thought you were never going to call me. Are you enjoying Esther's food that much that you cannot even remember me?"

"Oh Auntie, you know it isn't like that. I can never forget you" I giggle

"Is that my evil and forgetful cousin?"

"Pretty nice of you Georgie" I say to her

"Now get your big head off my FaceTime, I didn't call you"

"Mom take care of that child of yours. She is so rude"

"As if you are any better Georgie, as if" Aunt Rosetta says and I can't help but laugh.

I've missed these banters and teases.

☆•☆

After speaking to Aunt Rose and Goergie for about two ours, I decide to take a shower.

I miss London, even though I love being with Dad. I left just a few weeks ago but it feels like a thousand years since I've been there. Since I've been home.
It is true that this place is home but London has been my home for the past three years. It has been my comfort.
I get out of the shower and wrap a towel around me, before entering my closet to pull on a pair of short shorts and a hoodie.

This flu is killing me. 

"Oh dear, you look like death" Nanny Esther teases, bringing in my chicken soup.

"Oh thank you, Nanny. That is just what a girl needs to hear for her to feel better" I say sacarstically

"Don't get smart with me" she says and I grin "Here drink this. I asked the driver to get you some meds as well. There is a glass of water. You should be fine after you get a nap"

"Thank you so much Nanny. You are the best!" I blow her a kiss and she shakes her head in amusement before leaving.

I switch on the T.V. and log into my Hulu account, before choosing a rom-com to watch.

☆•☆

My eyes snap open and I groan, feeling a headache. As promised by Nanny Esther, I can now breathe a little more properly and I don't feel like my airway is being blocked by bags of cement.

Huge exaggeration, I know.

It takes me almost fifteen minutes before I notice the figure that is sitting on the recliner in my room.

"You know, if I was an assassin, you would have been dead by now"

Sebastian says and I sprint up to sit.

"What are you doing in my room? Who let you in? For how long have you been sitting there? Is not watching me sleep creepy? What are you doing here?"

"Okay pretty lady, would you calm down? I came here to speak to you."

"What is with all of you coming to my house lately?" I ask, not missing the fact that he called me pretty.

"All of us?"

"Sara came here yesterday. And you are here today. Is this some sort of conspiracy?"

"I had no idea Sara came here yesterday"

"Alright whatever. What did you want to talk about?" I ask and he gets up from where he is seated, to sit by me on the bed.

The casual clothing consisting of a pair of blue jeans, a grey sweater and a watch looks great on him.

Scratch that, everything looks great on a him.

"I guess I just wanted to see you" he says and I shake my head, looking down at my fingers.

"Sebastian what is this? What are we doing?" I motion between the two of us

"I don't know, but I don't want to stop either. All this is really fucked up, but at least the only thing I can really understand, is that I want to be with you" he says, cupping my face in both hands, before claiming my lips with his.
Kissing him never gets old. And this time, it is not as rough and heated as the night we went to his house, this time, it is soft but passionate all the same. The calm in the storm. The water that quenches the fire. The complicated fire, burning around that which is making everything so hard to understand.

I pull away, a smile on both our faces, "You know you shouldn't be doing that, I have a flu, you might get sick"

"If I can get to kiss you like this all the time and have you this close to me, then I will happily get sick" he says and I chuckle, before his mouth descends on mine again.