24

The wedding is tomorrow. There is no denying the fact that I am on edge. I have been so hung up on the fact that it will not push through. I have invested real time and passion to put things into place so that I can put an actual stop to them. But that doesn't mean that the questions will not arise.

What if something happens?

What if at the last minute we cannot find the videos?

What if Sara gets to know about the videos and gets rid of them before we are able to do anything else?

What if?

What if?

What if?

I am scared. So scared of losing the man I love once more.

The first time I may have survived it, barely. But the second time I'm not sure I would push through. No, not after everything I have found out. Not after everything that has been revealed.

"You are thinking too loud, Em" Sebastian says, reaching for my hand across the table.

He had arranged a candle light dinner for the both of us on the beach. The serene beauty and the thought alone making me love him more. It is absurd really, that my man is spending the night before his wedding to my best friend with me.

Under normal circumstances I would not have entertained this. No matter how painful I would have allowed him to go and be happy if that is what he wants, but after knowing that happiness lies with me, I am definitely not going to let anyone snatch him.

"I'm just thinking about tomorrow. Your big day" I say, a frown on my face

"There's nothing like my big day tomorrow sweetheart" he says, chuckling "If anything is going to be our big day because that wedding is not going to push through, right?"

"Right" I nod in affirmation

"There is no need to doubt yourself. I know there are going to be questions based on what she has done before, so you are trying your possible best not to underestimate her, and that is okay. But that should be no reason for you to be scared. Three years ago I allowed myself to be a fool, clouded by jealousy. So I personally believe that it is not Sara's antics that stole you away from me, but it my own foolishness. Her schemes didn't destroy our relationship then, I did. But this time I know what I am after, and that is our future and happiness together. So forget the fear and doubts and endless questions, you and I are going to be happy together, with no Sara in the equation, is that okay?"

"Okay. Okay. Okay. Everything will be fine" I say, nodding to myself. He chuckles, take my hand and places a kiss on the back of it.

"Come here" he says, reaching for me across the table

An idea sparks in my mind, and I smirk before answering, "How about you catch me first?" I ask, before taking off on a run.

I had to take my heels off before we begun eating, so running freely isn't a problem, all I have to do is run fast, because Sebastian is heatedly after me. The damn man is tall, and I'm sure his long legs will catch up with my short ones easily.

"Em!" He screams my name, the pure laughter in his voice "Get back here!"

"Stop being a whiny baby and catch me!" I retort back, before taking off again

"You can't run any faster baby" he shouts, and not long after, his arms encircle my waist from behind.

"No, no, no! This isn't fair" I chuckle, hitting him and trying to break free from his grip "You cheated!"

"Baby that is not possible, my legs are longer than yours, so automatically I'm going to run faster than you do"

"I still don't understand" I say, throwing a tantrum

"How 'bout we try to cool that temper yeah?" He asks and before I can register what is happening, he throws me into the water.

"Uggghhh!" I fume, breathing above the water "Seb I'm going to kill you!" I shout, trying to get my wet hair from my face.

But looking at him, standing there, with the ray from the sunset falling on him and mixing him in the colours of yellow and orange, with that charming smile, so wide and boyish on his face, looking so happy, I can't help but break into laughter myself, happiness welling from my chest, and wondering if this is how our future is always going to be, happy.

"Seb, I'm hungry again" I say after we enter the cabin he owns on this side of the beach.

"But babe we just ate"

"Are you telling me that I like to eat?"

He chuckles, staring amusedly at me, "Yes honey. You eat a lot. You actually have the appetite of a man cave, and is hot as fuck"

"If that was supposed to make me feel sexy, babe, you failed" I say, staring at him cheekily, and all he can do is laugh

He walks towards me, before kissing me sweetly on the forehead, "What do you want to have?"

"Spaghetti and meatballs?"

"I think we have enough groceries for that. Why don't you go have a shower? You reek of salt and sand"

"And who's fault is that? Are you actually complaining?"

"No ma'am"

"Good" I say in an amused voice before walking away to the bathroom

☆☆

"Have I told you how good you look wearing my shirt?" Sebastian asks after dinner

"Have you? No, I don't think so" I tease

"Well you look mighty fine sweetheart" he says before planting his lips on mine.

Kissing Sebastian is never going to get old. The feeling never gets old, it actually gets better. His hands wrap around my waist, his fingers dipping into my skin, eliciting sounds from me.

Before I know it, the shirt comes off, along with every thought of sanity I have, because that just what happens when I have him around me.

I don't think.