☆11☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter Eleven.

"Em?" Sara asks, coming outside to where I am

"You are getting married to Sebastian? He is the man you are marrying? Is this why you didn't want to tell me about him? Or meet him?"

She scoffs as if it is the most ridiculous thing she has ever heard, "If I didn't want you to meet him, I wouldn't have invited you here"

"Sara that is my ex boyfriend in there. I dated him for two years, six months.  Sara, you were there the whole time. How can you do something like this to me?"

"You are making a fuss over nothing Emerald. And you said it yourself, ex-boyfriend. What do you want me to do? Ignore my feelings for him just because the both of you were once together? You left him, and I happened to be the one there to comfort him"

"You know that is not true!" I yell, losing my temper "I did not leave him. He accused me of cheating, something even you know that I did not do!"

"Do I really?" She asks and I stare at her in shock

"Sara..." I whisper, not believing my ears
"I'm happy for you though. Have a good marital life"

"Oh no Emerald, you are attending my wedding. Don't tell me you are going to pack and leave again just because you now know I am going to get married to your ex? That is so cowardly of you"

"I never said anything about not attending your wedding. Good night Sara" I say to her and turn around, not wanting to last a second more over here.

She doesn't even believe me, her bestfriend, that I didn't cheat. That I wasn't unfaithful that night, meanwhile, she was there. I have never questioned my friendship with Sara, no matter what anyone said these past years we have been friends, no matter how different we are from each other, but tonight, I can't help but question if she has ever been a true friend at all, because this, hurt. It hurts so much.

My friendship with Sara has always been in her advantage, she takes and takes and takes. And the only time that I benefit from her, I pay for it back by her taking some more. So I am not surprised, after all, she is only doing what she knows how to do and what she does best, take things from me.

And now, she has taken away one of the most important people in my life. 

☆•☆

I enter the coffee shop. The coffee shop that is open 24/7. The coffee shop that Sebastian and I always came to when we were tired, but the workload from school was a lot so we needed some energy to keep us going. We were never the type to do homework away from each other. We never completed assignments away from each other, so much so that we have once had a fight about it before, where my work was due but he wasn't around and I had to get it done. And we even had different courses, but that is how close our bond was.

The tears slip from my eyes as I remember the times where he would take my hand out of nowhere, and make me get up so that we could dance with the cool music playing softly from the background.

Our relationship was perfect. We were perfect.

What we used to have, and the memories we created here in this coffee shop, was my inspiration to open mine.

Heck, my whole life has revolved around him, and now he is going to marry another woman, another woman who isn't me, and another woman who is my bestfriend.

"Emerald"

I raise my head to see him there, standing there in all his glory. I feel my heart skip a beat as my name leaves his lips. He never once shortened it because he said I am a gem, and each and every single time he mentioned my name, he wanted me to know how special I was to him, but this time, I don't think that is the case.

I stare up at the man who makes my heart flutter in my chest. His dark brown hair a bit overgrown, his grey eyes holding so much emotion in them. I stare him down, and I take note of everything. I take note of his powerful legs that are covered up by his suit pants. I take note of the emerald tie he is wearing that is matching Sara's dress, and I can't help but wonder if he thought of me even once when he was fixing it up.

"How did you know I was here?" I ask quietly, trying to subtly wipe the tears that are stained on my face.

"You just left all of a sudden. This place came to mind and I decided to try my luck. I'm glad I found you"

I can't help but scoff, "You are glad you found me? Seriously, Sebastian? Three years ago you didn't even care where I went, and now all of a sudden you are running after me?"

"Why are you suddenly back now? Did you want to try and change my mind about marrying Sara?"

"You have a lot of nerve asking me that. I didn't even know you were the one Sara was marrying until tonight. Do not flatter yourself Sebastian, I am not desperate" I say and walk past him, out of the coffee shop.

"You cheated on me Emerald" he says after he comes out

"Are you kidding me right now? You didn't even allow me to explain anything that night" I say, choking up on tears, my voice wavering "I loved you Sebastian, so so so much that it hurt. I cherished what we had. I would never allow another man to touch me the way you did. I would never want to destroy what we had, but what did you do? You jumped to conclusions"

"There were pictures Emerald"

"Yes! There were pictures. Did you ever think that I may have been set up? I know my limit of alcohol very well but that night I got so intoxicated I don't even remember want happened, but you didn't even let me explain!"

"After you left, I realised how hard life without you was. I was so used to you and I. Everything was "Emerald and I". Sometimes I ask myself if I made a mistake, and looking at you right now, I did make a mistake, because I was so mad" he pauses, coming over to me, and standing close, too too close "I didn't want any other man to touch you like I did" he says, tracing his fingers down my arm, causing me to shudder "I didn't want another man to kiss those lips because they had my mark on them. Those lips have tasted and kissed the most intimate parts of me" he whispers, tracing his thumb over my bottom lip "And right here" he whispers, staring into my eyes as his index finger traces the outline of my womanhood, and I can't help but gasp in delight and pleasure "This is something only I can have access to, and I will be damned if I make the same mistake twice" he says before slamming his lips on mine.

☆•☆

I do not know how we got into the car, or how we got into Sebastian's pent house suite, but our lips have never left each other. The kiss is hot, passionate, fierce. We both are battling for dominance, our tongues dancing and fighting, and I am not willing to back down.

He turns my back to face him, and he mouth latches onto my shoulder, sucking and kissing my bare skin like his life depends on it.

He strips my dress off me, and stands back to stare at me in a daze.

"Damn, you are even more beautiful than I remember.  This is going to be a long night" he says with so much lust laced in his voice, before kissing me again.

A/N:

Whew! I sure didn't see that one coming🤣

Please Vote☆, Comment & Share.

- Sam