34

"Sweetheart, you're back" Sebastian stands up to meet me from where he is sitting at the counter, going over paperwork. He has made that place his mini office because he likes to disturb me while I cook. I wonder how he concentrates but he always tells me he does, like before, he tells me I'm his muse.

"Who's he?" He asks after kissing my cheek, looking over to the little boy who looks scared of Sebastian. He hides behind my legs at the attention that is suddenly upon him.

"That's what I want to talk to you about. Can we maybe, talk in your bedroom?" I ask calmly

"Our bedroom. And yes, let's go" he says and I nod.

"Hey, why don't you sit here and watch some cartoons while I talk to Seb? I'll be back soon. Hm?" He nods in response, the only acknowledgment he gives me, but I am determined not to give up.

When we get inside, I close the door shut and turn to him.

Holding my arms out, I wait for him to take it, and when he does, I begin my mini-speech.

"I know I should have probably called you and asked you before deciding to bring the little boy here or even taking this big step. We are about to get married, and I know that. In as much as I know that I also know that I can't have your children, we both know that." I look to see his reaction, and he looks calm and collected, which is a good thing. I know Seb is not stupid, he probably already knows what I'm hinting at "I saw this little boy today. When I walked out of the Bridal Boutique, heading for lunch with Andrea. He was about to get knocked down by a car, and I saved him. My heart called out to him. I held him close to me, and I felt things I'd never felt before. This sudden urge to protect him and have him close. To shield him and care for him. To train him and love him. I may not know that boy from anywhere Sebastian, but I want to keep him. I want to love and care for him. I want to nurture him and be a mother to him. I want to adopt him, Seb"

He brings his right hand up to cup my cheek, and looks up at me lovingly, "If that's what you want, then I have no objection. I told you I love you and I'm willing to stand by you, with every decision you make. I want nothing more than for you to be happy, and if this is what it will take, I don't see why n-" he says and I don't wait for him to finish before I throw myself at him, cutting him off with a soft kiss.

"Thank you" I whisper against his mouth, and kiss him again, before pulling back. "I seriously didn't know how you were going to take it and honestly, I was so nervous"

He pulls me even closer, and looks deep into my eyes, "There is no reason for you to be. I'll give you the whole world if you asked. Besides, if you want to be a mother to that boy, I have no problem being a father as well"

"Thank you. Thank you so much. I love you"

"I love you more, darling," he says, before descending his lips on my own. He kisses me deeply, before pulling away.

"Come, I have something to show you"

"What?"

He smiles mischievously, "It's a surprise," he says, before pecking my lips again

We pass by the living room and take Valentine with us. Yes, Valentine, that's what I'm going to call him. I don't care what he is called. They're not going to be any of his past in his present or his future. He is my son now, and I'm going to spoil him.

We take a long drive, passing by the city, into a new environment that almost looks like a community on its own.

"Where does this lead to?" I ask in amazement, watching as we pass by mall shops and cute stores, with beautiful cottage houses.

"Our new home"

I gasp, "Seb don't play jokes like this on me. You know my heart is too fragile"

"Baby I won't do something like that. Come on" he says and holds my hand, as the three of us get down from the car.

Truly it is a beautiful home, and I can't contain my gasps and squeals of excitement as I take it in

"This place is so big"

"I know. Come on" he takes my hand and that of Valentine, as he leads us towards our home.

The driveway to the house alone is enough land that can hold another property.

The inside is beautiful and it's everything I've ever wanted in a home.

"Every time you spoke, I've listened, and I built this place from the ground up, even after our relationship ended. I wasn't going to stay here with anyone else, no. I would never do that. But then if you hadn't returned to me, I'm sure I would have come here once in a while, to remember what we had"

"I'm happy to be here, by your side"

"I'm ecstatic you're here too" he chuckles "I know you built a life in London, and it pains me that I can't give you London. But then I hope, that what I give you will be enough to make you stay"

"I'm not with you for your money"

"I know. But I want to love you and give you a life that you will never suffer. Besides" he grins "I'm sure very soon it'll be our money," he says and I chuckle

He pulls me closer to him and kisses me on the lips. It's so sweet and tender, so loving, it brings me to tears. He kisses me like he is writing a love letter to me with his mouth. Telling me how much he loves me. Writing his heart desires and fantasies, and how much he needs and adores me. I can't help but let a tear slip between us, my heart too full to contain my joy and happiness.

"Ew" Valentine says, and both Seb and I turn to look at him, chuckling.

His first word to me. To us.

It has always been Seb and me alone.

But now it's us three.

As a family.

I feel whole.

Content.