☆3☆

THE WRONG
BRIDE

Chapter 3.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" I yell, waking up Georgie.

Today happens to be her sixteenth birthday and I think I am more excited than her. I remember when it was my sixteenth birthday, it was one of the days when dad was out of the country, and he had sent money to my step mother, money which was enough to treat me and even throw a party for me if I wanted one, but the woman kept the money and I had no knowledge of it. When dad came home and asked, I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, and he had a fight with my step mother and he took me out for shopping and dinner, just the both of us. Now the next time when he happened to leave the country, Hannah starved me.

So there goes the wonder girl sixteen birthday party and all. Now I have to live through Georgie.

"Emmy I don't know what you are after but seriously, it is 6 AM"

"And it is your birthday" I protest

"All the more reason why you should leave me to sleep. Who celebrates their sixteenth birthday?" She asks with an eyeroll.

"Every girl and every boy your age. Don't you like the fact that you are sixteen?"

She scoffs, "Sixteen is not an age to be celebrated Emmy, because I'm still in high school. Seventeen, that is what is celebrated because I will finally be out of that hell hole"

"You better make sure Aunt Rose doesn't here you" I chuckle

"Oops?"

I shake my head at her

"Sixteen is for children"

"Georgie you are still a child" I tease, awaiting her smart response.

"Heck no. I have an old soul. Admit it Emmy, I even have a better taste in fashion than you do"

"I'm just going to pretend you didn't make a jab at me like that. So get up, come down for breakfast and let me tell you all that we have prepared for today. Okay?"

"You mean all that you have prepared"

"Stop being an ungrateful mean teenager and get your ass up. You have just thirty minutes. Chop chop!" I chuckle, looking at her mean expression.

I ignore her and leave her room, and enter mine. I take a bath and get ready, pulling on a pair of dark wash stretch jeans, with a purple tank top and a blue pair of Chuck Taylors. Talk about matching colours.

I leave my hair wet and take a band on my wrist so that when it dries up I can tie it into a bun.

"Happy birthday Georgina" my uncle, my father's brother who looks so much like him sometimes it startles me and I have to take a second to figure out who is my father, says to Georgie. He is not big on short and nicknames, so he always calls us using our full names.

"Thanks dad" she says, pecking him on the cheek. He isn't as scary as Aunt Rose, but he is the one that Georgie isn't quite free with as she is with Aunt Rose, and sometimes I still try to figure her out.

"How are you Emerald?" He asks as with all take a seat at the dining table, Aunt Rose placing a plate of pancakes and bacon infront of all of us. She has come to know the quantity we can digest, so she cooks them exactly that way, so she doesn't waste more.

"I'm fine thank you uncle. What of you? How have you been? It's been a while since I saw you at home" I ask and he chuckles and that is when I realise that I've been asking too many questions.