Chapter 41 - King of Asgard

While at Kamar-Taj, Meda receives a letter from one of Odin's ravens, Mugin. In that letter are words that all of Asgard fears most. 

Odin is dead

++++++++++++++++++++++

Oh no. "Girls! We need to get back to the compound now! It's an emergency!", I shouted at the girls who quickly but gently picked up the twins. "What? What is it?", Tessa asked me. "Odin is dead. We need to get back to Asgard.", I say opening a portal. "Good day Strange.", I waved as I close the portal. I saw Loki and Thor in the common room watching TV, they don't seem to know yet. "Uh, Loki, Thor? I have some bad news.", I say and caught the attention of the two.

"I received a letter from Mama Frigga, Odin is dead. We are needed back on Asgard.", I say. I quickly nodded to Strange and Wong and opened a portal to the compound. We quickly found Loki and Thor on the sofa watching a show. "Thor, Loki! We need to get to Asgard quick!", I shouted so that everyone hears. There were no questions asked and they immediately followed me outside. Before Loki can, speak I cut him off. "I'll tell you once we arrive.", I told them as the Bifrost engulfs us.

"What's with the rush, if I may ask?", Loki say. I sighed before I tell them. It's not easy to tell someone that their father is dead. "Odin is dead. And now, Asgard is without a king. We need to elect a new one and with Thor declining, and Hela being queen of Niflheim, Loki and Tessa are to take the throne.", I say as the horses arrived. The two didn't speak but I could feel that they are sad, they're just too shocked. I'm particularly much worried over Ragnarök.

We reached the throne room but was redirected to Odin's room. There we saw Frigga crying and Loki and Thor went to console her while I prayed in silence. Everyone was silent all day not a word was spoken, well maybe at times but....just silence. It continued until after Odin went to the stars and a week later when it was time to appoint a new king.

Mama Frigga strikes Gungnir to the ground officially starting the ceremony. "Gungnir. Its aim is true, its power strong. With it my husband, Odin, have defended Asgard and the lives of the innocent across the Nine Realms since the time of the Great Beginning. And though the day has come for a new King to wield his own weapon -- that duty remains the same. Loki Odinson, Odin's heir, our adopted son.", Mama Frigga said smiling at Loki. The team are all here, even Strange.

"So have been chosen by one of the most powerful beings here in the universe as her partner for life. A being fit to be queen. Fit to advise the new king in everything to come. And a king chosen by Mjolnir as being worthy to lift it. Today I entrust you with the greatest honor in all the Nine Realms. The sacred throne of Asgard. Your father has sacrificed much to achieve peace. So, too, must a new generation sacrifice to maintain that peace. Responsibility, duty, honor. These are not merely virtues to which we must aspire. They are essential to every soldier and to every King.", Tessa stepped out of the line to join Loki in this oath-taking.