Chapter 26 - HYDRA (II)

"Sharon!", I called out to the woman

"Sharon!", I called out to the woman. "Aunt Meda.", we hugged each other before she told me what happened. "Are you okay to stay here?", she nods and I immediately flew off to the hospital. There I met up with Nat, Steve, and Hill who is watching the doctors perform surgery with Fury. "Is he gonna make it?", Nat asks. "I don't know.", Steve and I both said. "Tell me about the shooter.", Nat asks Steve who chased down the Winter Soldier.

"He's fast and strong. Had a metal arm.", he said. "Ballistics?", Nat asks again. "Three slugs, no rifling. Completely untraceable.", Hill answered. "It's him Nat. He's been reactivated and reinstated.", I say to Nat. Just then, Fury's vitals dropped but of course I scanned him. It isn't true, they used tetrodotoxin to momentarily stop Fury's heart, making it real that he's dead. You can't kill a man if he's a ghost.

"Don't do this to me, Nick.", Nat says as the doctor's 'try' to revive Fury. The doctors announce Fury as 'deceased'. I walked not wanting to see this. "Steve, Fury gave you something didn't you? Let me have it. It safe with me.", I say to the man and he gave me a flash drive. "Rest assured Rogers.", I say before heading off to the Tower. I grabbed my computer and went outside to call for Heimdall. My plans were to go back to Asgard but decided not to so I stayed in my room in the tower.

"Hey Tones. Did you hear the news?", I say as I enter his lab. Well, technically our lab with Bruce. "Hmm?", he just hummed as if saying to continue. "Pirate is dead. The Winter Soldier really is back. Help me track him.", I say as I place the laptop and the rifle slugs. After hours of research and finding what the hell is this gun and confirming if it really is Bucky, nothing turned out. "This is getting frustrating you know?", he said. "You know what, let's postpone this search, I am sleepy too.", I say standing up and packing up my table. "Good morning, Tony, I'm off to my bed.", I say walking out.

Early in the morning I got a call from Cap.

"Hey....Steve. What's up?"

"SHIELD is compromised. HYDRA is tracking me, I need your assistance.", he said. That quickly got me standing. "Copy that. Is Nat with you?"

"Yeah, she is. She's looking for the flash drive."

"Okay I'll bring it in.", I ended the call and went to collect the flash drive. "Hey, JARVIS, Vedis, tell Tony that I'm off help Cap. SHIELD is compromised. Tell him not to accept SHIELD or HYDRA agents unless it came from direct orders from me.", I said before teleporting to the hospital. I arrive to them waiting for me in a dark room.

"You guys look liked you did something inside this room.", I say and Steve reddened. I raised an eyebrow to Nat who just shrugged. "Let's move. HYDRA is looking for us.", I say as we exit the room. I disguised myself as an emo teen because why not? It completes the 'family'.

"First rule of going on the run is, don't run, walk.", I reminded Steve. "If I run in these shoes, they're gonna fall off.", he retorted. Heh. They entered the Mac store to decrypt the flash drive while I stand outside as look out. I connected our minds. Five minutes into decrypting and activating the flash drive I felt SHIELD vehicles outside the mall so I signaled the two to hurry up. Let's pick-up the pace people. SHIELD Strike team is here and they're looking for you two.