Chapter 28 - Battle at the Triskelion

I crafted a bed out of magic and announced that I'm going to sleep

I crafted a bed out of magic and announced that I'm going to sleep. For some reason my brain decided to do flashbacks and I can't find myself to sleep, so I decided to head out. I saw Steve and Sam talking to each other and decided to approach them.

"He's gonna be there, you know?", Sam says. "I know.", Steve replies. "Look, whoever he used to be, the guy he is now, I don't think he's the kind you save. He's the kind you stop.", Sam says. "I may have a way to remove his trigger words.", I interjected. "How can you remove the so-called Winter Soldier in your friend?", Sam asks and Steve looks at me telling me to push on.

"Remember Loki's scepter? One of my daughters is there. The Mind Stone, she controls the fabric of minds, memories. It gives the wielder immense telepathic abilities. If I can get the scepter back, we can retrieve our friend, my daughter.", I say. "He doesn't know you.", Sam says just making sure we know what we are doing. "He will. Gear up, it's time.", Steve says before walking off. "You gonna wear that?", Sam asks. "No. If you're gonna fight a war, you gotta wear a uniform.", Steve says going off.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I went to wake up Ether who is in a weird sleeping position. "Good God you arrived here. Your daughter is scaring me.", it was fury who said that. Who wouldn't be? Ether is sleeping like a cadaver, arms crossed in her stomach, and floating in the air. Any horror fan would recognize this as a possession of some kind. I slowly tugged her back down and slowly shook her. "Hey baby, it's time to wake up. We're going to battle.", I whispered and she immediately stirred. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"What time is it? It's too early.", she protested. "Baby, its early in the morning but, we are running out of time so it's time to suit up.", I say and she just answered 'K' and got up. "Is there any wash room I can wash my face?", she says still groggy. "East corridor. Down left. There's a bathroom there.", Fury says.

"Never knew you to be a marrying type.", Fury says. "Oh hell no. You know I'm lesbian Fury. You know my relationship with Vers. And the daughter thing is very complicated.", I say leaning on a table. "Then tell away.", Fury said crossing his arms. I told him everything from the moment I came with Thor, how Loki changed and is dating Tessa, how I acquired Ether, and now. "So, you're basically like Thor. And some higher beings chosen you to protect these stones harnessing essential aspects of the universe that are somehow persons now?", he asked be disbelievingly. "Not the way I would put it but, yeah sure whatever makes you sleep at night.", I say walking off.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We arrived in the Triskelion undetected, minus Nat as she is impersonating Councilman Hawley and Fury having said 'I will do something dramatic'. Dramatic my ass. I'll be more dramatic. I flew over to borrow Aya. Ancient One immediately gave me Aya and she transformed into her human form. "Come on, Steven Rogers need our help.", I say and opened a portal inside Pearce's office.