A Tearful Encounter

In this narrative Patton, Roman, and Logan are all certain types of combatants that fight off unstable emotions/traits in order to keep Thomas from developing bad behavior and injuring himself. Virgil is still in training and is still not fully trusted by Roman and Logan. Patton is the only one on his side whenever he is feeling the pressure.

Virgil's secret of his ability to grow when his emotional core goes out of control has been revealed (more to come on why), which is only an ability the Dark Sides have so Roman and Logan suspicions of him being one of the Dark Sides has been confirmed. Thus, Virgil escapes, only to be followed by Patton:

Virgil: "What are you doing here?"

- Virgil was clearly flustered and panicked as his voice cracks.

Patton: "Hey kiddo, I'm here to help you calm down"

- Patton started to inch closer with his hands clasped together and close to his chest.

Virgil: *clicks his tongue* "Like you care...not after seeing me like this. Like them."

- shoots Patton a sharp glare hoping to scare him off

- Patton's steps hesitate a moment, but he then takes a huge inhale and while holding his breath his now puffed up and reddened face shoots Virgil a glare right back.

- Virgil has no idea how to react to that, but eventually begins to let out a spree of little giggles.

-Patton finally exhales loudly and turns his head up to Virgil with a big smile plastered on his face.

Patton: "There's the Virgil I know and love."

- Virgil began to quiet down and as he locked his eyes back on to Patton radiating with his smile on, he began to sob.

- Patton shocked at the sudden water-works ran to Virgil's pant leg and tugged on it.

Patton: "Hey, let me up, let me up!"

- Virgil paused, but leaned down slowly and picked Patton up with both his hands cupped around him

Virgil: "I'm sorry Patton, but once I looked at you down there...all small, it really made me realize how much of a monster I truly am."

Patton: "You're not a-"

Virgil: "I am! You saw it Patton, you saw how Roman looked at me. How he drew his weapons on me, fear and anger in his eyes. I'll always be a monster. I can never go back there either because I'm too dangerous..."

- Virgil began to visibly shake

Virgil: "I don't want to be like this, I don't want to be like them either. I thought being with you all would help me change, help me find control. Now it's all a mess, I'm so stup-"

Patton: "NO! No,no,no,no,no!!! You are not stupid Virgil. You wanted to change and you've been working really hard towards that goal. Sure I didn't know who you used to be, but that doesn't matter because the Virgil I see right now is amazing!"

- Virgil was stunned.

Virgil: "Yo-you really think I'm amazing?"

- Patton violently nodding his head in agreement

Virgil: "You must be the craziest guy I've ever met and the kindest."

To be continued.