Testing

Virgil put Patton and Roman on the ground so they could better converse with Logan. Virgil remained on his knees as he continued to shrink back down.

"Logan! Where have you been?" Roman asked.

"I've been back here waiting for Patton and Virgil's return and I suppose your own as you remained outside looking for them as well."

"How did you even know we would come back?"

"Patton, you are quite adapt at emotionally supporting others and it was obvious that, even though not the strongest bond, you had made a connection with Virgil. Thus, it was only logical to conclude you would be able to convince him to return."

"Awe Lo that's so sweet of you to say!"

"I had no idea you had so much confidence in Patton, Logan."

"Of course I do, otherwise there's no way we would be able to work well as a team."

"I guess that makes since."

"I'm glad to see you've matured as well Roman. Now I no longer have to worry about you being the hot-headed, quick to action team leader."

"Yeah, yeah I get it! I jumped to conclusions and made a terrible mistake that could have put us all in danger. I've reflected on my actions and cooled off a bit."

Roman crossed his hands and turned his line of sight away from Logan as he sulked. Logan gave a little huff of amusement at Roman's reaction, but then directed his attention to the slowly shrinking mini giant before him.

"Fascinating."

Virgil's ears puckered up at that word and he locked eyes with Logan, who was walking towards him at a casual pace. Virgil wasn't sure what to do, but thought it best just to stand still as Logan wasn't armed and he felt no hostility directed towards him either. Still, he felt a slight chill crawling down his back and drips of sweat begin to form on his forehead.

"To think you had the ability to size-shift and was able to hide it so well from us."

"I'm really sorry I hide it bu-"

"No need to be sorry, it only makes sense that in this new environment full of strangers that you would have at least one secret."

Virgil was unsure of how to take such a monotone response, but he felt Logan was at least not frightened by him.

"Now let me get a closer look."

Logan walked around the mini giant, looking at him up and down until he made a full circle. He then pulled out a pen from his shirt pocket and a screen popped up in front him. It seemed like he was taking some kind of notes.

"Virgil."

"Yes?"

"I have some questions I'd like to ask you, can you do that for me?"

"Sure."

"Good. Now tell me, can you maintain your current height or do you have to return to a "normal" height in order to grow again?"

"No I can stop the growing and shrinking at will, if my emotional core is stable."

"Understood, then please maintain your current height."

Virgil was a little surprised at the unusual request, but did as he was asked.

"Excellent. So Virgil have you always had this ability to size-shift?"

"I'm not really sure. Sorry."

"No it's alright. Let's see, can you tell me what might have induced this change?"