A Distressing Memory

This is a flashback to when Virgil is lured away from Logan, Roman, and Patton by a mysterious letter he found in his room saying " I know what you are. Come confess your sins to me and I may decided to keep my lid shut on the matter." That took place before Chapter 1. Without much choice in the matter Virgil decides to venture out on his own and is quickly captured by Deceit.

Virgil was now in Deceit's clutches struggling to break free.

"Hello there old chum! Seems like your little white lies have become a BIG problem! To think you really did find a way to shrink down to the size of one of those weak protectors and then proceeded to BETRAY your own kind as well!"

Deceit raised his thumb and began to press down on Virgil's head amusingly.

"What a fool you are. Did you think they would accept you? A complete stranger of unknown origin just skipping gayly into their ranks and pretending day and night that you aren't some kind of FREAK!?"

Virgil tried to talk back, but his breathing was becoming shallow and he was on the verge of passing out.

"They hate you, you know. They hate you because you're not like them and they know it. You're not like us now either, you know what that means right? It means you have no one, you belong no where, you're a brand new kind of MONSTER."

The fiend grinned widely with his fangs on full display. Virgil was still trapped in the palm of his hand and his emotional core was reaching it's limit as he began to panic.

"Ah, there we go. I can feel it flowing inside you, the fear, the panic, the anxiety. If you suppress it any longer you might break and that wouldn't be at all entertaining so I'll let you go for now my new little pet."

Deceit leaned down violently and released Virgil quickly from his grasp. He chuckled a bit as he heard Virgil smack the ground for a hard landing.

"By the way, your "friends" are almost here to rescue you so please do put on a good show for me. Break someone's legs or whatever." he snickers as he vanished into the shadows.

Virgil was left gasping for air and shaking on the ground.

"I-I need to get out of here. If they come now they'll see me and in this state I can't control i-it"

To be continued.