Making Up

Virgil was now holding both Patton and Roman in his hands and as raised them up towards his face for a closer hug. Patton was overjoyed seeing Virgil smiling and Roman, even though still feeling a bit awkward, showed some affection by gently stroking Virgil's face and leaning against his shoulder.

"See Virgil, there's nothing to be afraid of anymore

"See Virgil, there's nothing to be afraid of anymore. We're your family now and we're going to stick by you no matter what! Right Roman?"

Virgil turned his head slightly to look at Roman's reaction, hopeful but worried. Roman's eyes stayed locked onto Virgil's and he gave him a reassuring smile to Virgil's bewilderment. Roman had finally realized that this person wasn't some kind of dangerous monster that needed to be vanquished, but someone lost begging for help.

"Exactly Patton! We're a family no matter what comes our way." he said with confidence.

"Do you really mean that Roman?" feeling tears welling up.

"I do. Again Virgil, I'm sorry for how I've hurt you and not taking the time to listen to what you had to say. I've come to realize my mistake and I'll work hard to become someone you can also rely on, like Patton."

"Roman!~"

Patton started shedding tears of joy and quickly crawled across Virgil's hands in order to give Roman a big hug. Roman was surprised at this sudden action, but eventually wrapped his arms around Patton as well. Then came a small cough from below. Everyone's attention was now drawn to the ground near Virgil's knees where Logan was staring up at them.

"LOGAN?!" all of them shouted in surprise.

"Yes, hello there. If you are all done now with your public display of affection I'd like to speak on the matter of our next steps in regards to this new development."

To be continued.